Welcome to Project SCOPE
Project SCOPE is a before and after school program for the elementary children of parents who work or are in educational training. The program provides the kind of care which promotes social, emotional and physical development through supervised activities. SCOPE is a program which compliments both home and school by providing a secure atmosphere for the children.
How to register for Project SCOPE
In order to attend Project SCOPE, your child must be registered for our Program. Please read below to see how to register your child(ren). We do not register over the phone or by e-mail.
1. Project SCOPE registration forms will be available at each elementary school on the August 4, 2014 Registration Day. You may fill this form out and either mail, fax or hand-deliver it to the Project SCOPE office. Please do not give this form to the school that your child will attend! We must receive this form by August 11, 2014 in order for your child to be able to start Project SCOPE during the first week of school.
2. You may call the Project SCOPE office at 525-3309 and request that a registration form either be mailed or faxed to you - we must still receive this registration form in the Project SCOPE office by August 11, 2014 in order for your child to be able to start Project SCOPE during the first week of school.
3. After August 11, 2014 parents/guardians will need to come into the Project SCOPE office to register their child(ren). When families register in the SCOPE office they will be given a "golden ticket" along with a copy of the child's computer generated emergency card to take back to their school to be given to the Project SCOPE staff. This information is an important tool in notifying our Project SCOPE staff to accept your child after school. If the SCOPE staff does not receive your child's "golden ticket", they will not accept your child into their program.
After the regular school year begins, upon registering your child in the SCOPE program, there is a 24 hour waiting period before a child can begin attending SCOPE.
Charges for the 2014-2015 program are as follows:
* Before School only: $30.00 per week
* Before School and Wednesday PM: $37.00 per week
* Wednesday PM only: $7.00 per week
* After school only: $35.00 per week
* Before and After school: $65.00 per week
Student may only attend the SCOPE program at the school that they attend.
Payment is due on Monday for the week of service. Checks are to be made payable to: Project SCOPE.
We work with Community Child Care Connection for families that need assistance with their fee. For more information on Community Child Care Connection (CCCC), please call 525-2805 or go to the Web Resources link at the top left side of this page for a link to CCCC's web site. You will need to pick up an application from CCCC first and then bring it to the SCOPE office to have the provider pages completed by our office.
All payments are due in advance of service.
21st Century is a program separate from Project SCOPE. If your child qualifies for 21st Century, please note the following information:
21st Century is not open on Fridays and days that school is closed due to Teacher Inservice Days, School Improvement Days, Winter Break or Spring Break. In order for your child to be able to participate in Project SCOPE on the days that 21st Century is closed, they need to be enrolled in either of the two programs listed below. We do not offer Friday only care.
The two programs we are offering 21st Century families are:
Morning Care Monday - Friday: $30.00 per week/per child.
Morning Care and Friday PM: $37.00 per week/per child.
SCOPE Hours and Activities
The hours are 7:00 a.m-6:00 p.m.
Project SCOPE is open on workshop days and early dismissals for children who regularly attend SCOPE. There will be full day care on workshop days and some vacation days. Special enrollment forms are available for early dismissal days and full days for families who only need care on these days (Winter Break and Spring Break are not included in the regular calendar school special enrollment days and are only available to students who attend SCOPE regularly). A calendar of these days is listed in the SCOPE Family Guide and on this web-site. Project SCOPE will be closed for legal school holidays, as listed in the SCOPE Family Guide.
Project SCOPE opens at 7:00 a.m. Morning activities include manipulative projects, reading, quiet games, art or free choice activities. Regular school supervision begins 20 minutes before school starts, when the playground supervisor comes on duty. If your child is planning to eat school breakfast, they will go to the cafeteria at that time.
After school activities include a transition time, an afternoon snack, outdoor and gym activities, a special activity like an art or craft project, a science project, or an organized game. There is time for homework and free choice manipulative activities. Project SCOPE is open until 6:00 p.m.