Our mission is to provide support for the success of all students in District 186. Our district provides a continuum of services for students with disabilities from preschool, age three, through high school graduation. Specialized services are also provided for limited English proficient students, students with health needs, and students with social emotional needs. We hope our web site addresses many of your questions. However, if you are in need of additional information please call our office at 217-525-3060 for further assistance.
2018-2019 School Health Requirements
- Pre-K, Kindergarten, 6th grade, 9th grade students and students new to District 186
must provide a current physical exam and updated immunization record.
- All 6th grade students must show proof of having received a Tdap vaccine and 2 doses of varicella. One dose of Meningococcal vaccine must be received on or after the 11th birthday.
- All 12th grade students must provide proof of having received a dose of Meningococcal vaccine on or after their 16th birthday.
- Kindergarten, 2nd and 6th grade students need a dental exam.
- Kindergarten students and students new to Illinois schools need a vision exam.
Physical and immunization information must be received by the first day of the 2018-2019 school year in order to avoid exclusion from school. Physical exams and immunization records may be obtained now for the 2018-2019 school year and may be turned in to the school nurse at your child’s current school.
Call your doctor today to schedule an appointment.