Teacher Induction and Mentoring Program
There are exciting opportunities for educators in Springfield District #186 as we work together to develop and support a professional learning community around best practices in induction and mentoring, high quality teaching, and student achievement.
Teachers in this program will
- become members of a professional learning community
- acquire a deeper understanding of classroom and school culture,
- develop and refine the skills of a highly qualified educator
- understand and address the diverse needs of learners.
Our goals are achieved by...
- participation in a comprehensive program of mentoring and professional development
- involvement in a communication network that includes new and novice teachers, mentors, principals and administrators.
Our work is supported by...
- Research from the New Teacher Center at Santa Cruz
- Charlotte Danielson's Framework for Teaching
- Illinois Professional Teaching Standards
- Springfield School District 186
- ISBE grant written in collaboration with the Springfield Education Association and the Consortium for Educational Change (CEC)