American Revolution Vocabulary Activity
Introduction: After reviewing the American Revolution, we will brainstorm vocabulary words for each letter of the alphabet. You will then work with a partner to create a vocabulary poster. You will need to follow the directions carefully. You will be writing an alliterative sentence and creating an illustration that reflect your chosen vocabulary word.
1. Open Appleworks. Choose the drawing program.
2. Go to File and pull down to Page Setup. Change to horizontal.
3. Go to Format and pull down to Document. Change the margin to .50 inches for the top, bottom, left, and right.
4. Click on the blue A to create a text box. The text box should be in the upper left hand corner of the page.
5. Go to Text and pull down to Font. Choose Geneva. Change the size to 200. Choose outline and bold. Type the letter of your assigned word.
6. Create another text box in the upper right hand corner of your page. Choose Geneva for the font. Change the size to 60. Type the vocabulary word.
7. Create another text box along the bottom of the page. Choose Geneva as your font. Choose 18 for the size. Type your alliterative sentence.
8. Use spell check.
9. Print your page to LMS 116. It is in Mrs. Devlin's room.
10. In the center of your page, create a detailed, colored illustration relating to the vocabulary word and the American Revolution.