Introduction: As a class we will analyze a variety of political cartoons. We will discuss the difference between an ordinary illustration and a true political cartoon. You will then choose an event from the progressive era. Working with a partner or alone, you will create your own political cartoon. Your cartoon should be creative and informative Be sure to include symbolism in your cartoon. You will also write an information paragraph describing the event pictured in your cartoon.
1. Choose an event from the progressive era.
2. Create a rough draft of your political cartoon.
3. I will approve your rough draft once you are done.
4. Draw your final copy of your cartoon.
5. Write a rough draft of your information paragraph. It should include details of the event including who, what, when, where, why and how.
6. I will approve your paragraph.
7. Type your paragraph.
8. Display your cartoon and paragraph on colored construction paper.