PERSONAL FITNESS PROGRAM
Summary of Project: This project will teach students to formulate exercise programs to help them improve their performance in one of the five components of fitness. The five components of fitness are: 1) flexibility, 2) muscular strength, 3) muscular endurance,
4) cardiovascular endurance, and 5) body composition.
Each student will:
• Analyze their tri-fit results and choose one component they wish to improve.
• Develop, use and keep track of their participation in a fitness program that requires 15 minutes of exercise every other day for 6 weeks.
• Use “Keynote” to create a slide show presentation of their fitness levels and what they learned from this project.
• Test each student using the tri-fit fitness machine.
• Give each student a copy of their fitness test results and discuss these results.
• Guide students in choosing a component of fitness for their study.
• Guide students in choosing exercises they may want to include in their program.
• Post test students on their selected fitness test and give them their post test results.
• Students must keep track of their workouts on a hard copy and a computer copy.
• Students must choose exercises they can do at home and at school.