Title I Schools for 2012/2013
The following is the list of Title I funded schools for District 186 for the 2012/2013 school year:
Schools operate on a school wide Title I program except Grant Middle which is creating a school wide plan for FY13/14.
The Non-Public schools served by District 186 are all targeted assistance programs and are as follows:
Spfld. Christian School
School wide programming
SCHOOL WIDE PLANS ARE LOCATED UNDER "TITLE I PLANS AND POLICIES"
A school wide program consists of the following:
Title I School wide Programs
1. A Title I school wide program is a comprehensive reform model used to upgrade the entire educational program in a Title I school.
2. A school wide program has the primary goal of ensuring that all students, particularly those who are low-achieving, demonstrate at least proficient levels of achievement of the Illinois Learning Standards.
3. A school wide program permits a school to consolidate funds from Title I, Part A and other Federal education program funds and resources administered by the U.S. Department of Education to improve the entire educational program of the school with the intended purpose of raising academic achievement for all the students.
4. A school wide program uses Title I funds to meet the needs of all students in the school, as determined through a comprehensive needs assessment. Individual students are not identified as eligible to participate.
5. No distinctions are made between staff members paid with Title I funds and staffers who are not. All School wide
school staff are expected to direct their efforts toward upgrading the entire educational program and improving the achievement of all students, particularly those who are low achieving.
No Child Left Behind Legislation – Section III4 – Schoolwide Programs: School Wide
No Child Left Behind Legislation – Section III5 – Targeted Assistance Schools: Target Assistance
Designing Schoolwide Programs – U.S. Department of Education – Non-Regulatory Guidance, March 2006: Creating Programs