Title I Schools
The following is the list of Title I funded schools for District 186 for each school year as these have been Title schools for many years: Click on the school to go directly to their school homepage Elementary Schools: Addams Blackhawk Butler Dubois Enos Fairview Feitshans Graham Harvard Park Hazel Dell Laketown Lee Matheny-Withrow McClernand Ridgely Southern View Wilcox Middle Schools: Jefferson Washington Grant Middle High Schools: Lanphier and Southeast ALL Schools operate on a school-wide Title I program. The Non-Public schools served by District 186 are all targeted assistance programs and are as follows: Calvary Academy Cathedral Concordia Lutheran Little Flower Spfld. Christian School St. Agnes St. Aloysius St. Patrick's
School wide programming
ALL SCHOOL WIDE PLANS have become part of each schools Rising STAR school improvement plan. Please contact the school principal for more information on the Title I portion of Rising STAR plan.
A school wide program consists of the following:
Title I School wide Programs
1. A Title I school wide program is a comprehensive reform model used to upgrade the entire educational program in a Title I school.
2. A school wide program has the primary goal of ensuring that all students, particularly those who are low-achieving, demonstrate at least proficient levels of achievement of the Illinois Learning Standards.
3. A school wide program permits a school to consolidate funds from Title I, Part A and other Federal education program funds and resources administered by the U.S. Department of Education to improve the entire educational program of the school with the intended purpose of raising academic achievement for all the students.
4. A school wide program uses Title I funds to meet the needs of all students in the school, as determined through a comprehensive needs assessment. Individual students are not identified as eligible to participate.
5. No distinctions are made between staff members paid with Title I funds and staffers who are not. All School wide
school staff are expected to direct their efforts toward upgrading the entire educational program and improving the achievement of all students, particularly those who are low achieving.
No Child Left Behind Legislation � Section III4 � Schoolwide Programs: School Wide
No Child Left Behind Legislation � Section III5 � Targeted Assistance Schools: Target Assistance
Designing Schoolwide Programs � U.S. Department of Education � Non-Regulatory Guidance, March 2006: Creating Programs