Online Registration is open.
– No more lengthy paper forms
– Register your student(s) from any device
– See below for physical and immunization requirements and other required documents and information
All students must register.
Online registration will open for all schools on Tuesday, July 20, 2021.
All schools will be open to provide assistance with registration. Please contact or visit your student's school to complete registration.
August 9, 2021, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Middle School / High School
August 9, 2021, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and August 10, 2021, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
All Students and Families
Beginning July 20, 2021, you can register from a device anywhere with internet access; i.e., computer, tablet, smartphone, etc. If you do not have a device at home to register, you can come to the school and register on registration day.
If you have your online parent account:
You can log in with your existing online parent account to register your student from home. Click here to register online. You will just have to confirm and/or update your child(ren)’s information and follow the prompts to finish the registration process.
If you do not have your online parent account:
You can use an e-mail address to register your student(s). However, your current student’s information will not automatically populate in the form.
Required Information and Documents
Certified birth certificate
– Applies only to students who are new to District 186 or students who don’t have a certified birth certificate on file.
Photo Identification of Parent or Guardian
– A driver's license, state ID or other acceptable form of photo identification
– Required for students new to the District or those requesting a parent account for the first time
High School Transcripts
– High school students transferring from another district are asked to bring a copy of previous school's transcripts.
Proof of Residency
– Required for new students and all students in grades K-5, 6th grade, 9th grade and any student who has moved or changed their address or changed schools.
– Documents can be uploaded through the online registration process, or you can provide physical copies of the documents to the school.
– Three documents from two categories (one from category I and two from category II) are required as evidence of proof of residency.
|Category I (one from this category)||Category II (two from this category)|
|Signed lease/rental agreement or record of recent payment||Cable, satellite, internet, phone or cell phone bill|
|Credit card bill|
|Public aid card|
|Mortgage Papers||Utility bill (gas, electric or water)|
|End of year interest statement from mortgage lender/bank||Vehicle/auto registration|
|Property tax bill||Voter registration card|
– Physical copies of these documents must be provided to the school.
– Physicals/immunizations are due by the first day of school.
– These documents cannot be scanned/uploaded through the online registration process.
|-||Physicals||Immunizations||Other health exams|
|Pre-K||Recent physical exam including Lead, Diabetes and TB screen; Health History. Due first day of school.||Updated immunization record including DTap, Polio, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, HIB and pneumococcal at approved intervals. Due first day of school.|
|Kindergarten||Recent physical exam including Lead, Diabetes and TB screen; Health History. Due first day of school.||Updated immunization record including DTap, Polio, MMR and Varicella at approved intervals. Due first day of school.||Dental exam requested by May 15. Vision exam is requested.|
|2nd grade||Dental exam requested by May 15|
|6th grade||Recent physical exam including TB and Diabetes screen; Health History. Due by first day of school.||Updated immunization record including Tdap, Meningococcal (after age 11) and Hepatitis B series at approved intervals. Due by first day of school.||Dental exam completed by May 15 is requested.|
|9th grade||Recent physical exam including TB and Diabetes screen; Health History. Due by first day of school.||Updated immunization record. Due by first day of school.|
|12th grade||Proof of Meningococcal Vaccine on or after 16th birthday|
|New to District 186||Proof of Illinois physical exam including TB and Diabetes screen; Health History. Due within 10 days of registration.||Up-to-date immunization record – vaccines dependent on age. Due within 10 days of registration.|
|Out of State||Recent Illinois physical exam form including TB and Diabetes screen; Health History. Due within 30 days of registration.||Up-To-Date immunization record – vaccines dependent on age. Due within 30 days of registration.||Vision exam is requested.|