Nominate your 2021 top educators! Do you know an educator or administrator who inspires you? We are now accepting nominations for the Horace Mann Educator of the Year, Administrator of the Year and Rising Star awards. Parents, students, fellow educators and community members can nominate deserving individuals by Friday, March 19, 2021.
* Educator of the Year Award Recognizing one outstanding educator who has been teaching in the district for five years or more.
* Rising Star Award Recognizing up to three educators teaching in the district four years or less.
* Administrator of the Year Award Recognizing an administrator with two or more years of administrative experience.
The District 186 Educator of the Year Program is sponsored by Horace Mann and recognizes educators for their dedication to education and the youth of Springfield. To nominate someone: Submit the nomination online. Anyone can nominate a deserving educator for the Educator of the Year, Rising Star or Administrator of the Year . Nominations must be submitted by Friday, March 19, 2021 by 4:30 p.m. For more information, email email@example.com. Pay tribute to an outstanding educator today!
Read below before you begin a nomination:
Currently, we do not have the capability to save incomplete nominations, so it is a good idea to have all information ready before beginning the nomination. Here is the information you will need to provide:
- Nominee's name, school, subject(s) and grade(s) taught, years of service in District 186
- Principal's name and e-mail address
- Narrative of why the nominee should be considered
- At least one (1) Letter of Recommendation from someone other than the person submitting the nomination. These can be copied and pasted into the online form, or submitted separately via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are submitting separately, please indicate in the form that you are doing so. Nominations CANNOT be considered without at least one supporting letter.