Do you shop on Amazon.com? Would you like 0.5% of each of your eligible purchases to be directed to the Springfield Public Schools Foundation? If so, designate the Foundation as your charity of choice and shop through smile.amazon.com when making purchases through Amazon. Not sure how to designate the Foundation as your charity of choice? Follow these instructions and you will be all set to go:
- Go to www.smile.amazon.com and sign into your Amazon account. (If you do not have an Amazon.com account, you will need to create one. Instructions for creating an account can be found here. Once you have created an account, go to www.smile.amazon.com and move onto the next step in these instructions.)
- You should be directed to "select a charitable organization to start shopping.”
- Under the “Or pick your own charitable organization;” option, enter "The Springfield Public Schools Foundation,” then click “Search.”
- From the list of charity options, select “The Springfield Public Schools Foundation.”
- You will be redirected to a page that asks you to check a box agreeing to the following, “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support The Springfield Public Schools Foundation.” Click this box.
- You will then be redirected to the smile.amazon.com homepage where you can begin shopping and/or set up a bookmark for easy return to the site each time you want to shop with Amazon.
- You are now signed up for Amazon Smile. Be sure to visit smile.amazon.com every time you want to shop with Amazon to make sure a portion of your eligible purchase is directed to the Foundation.