Several things to remember to prevent injury:
- Allow more time to get to work. Adverse weather conditions require you to drive and walk slower.
- Always take the safest route into the building. Stay on shoveled sidewalks and do not take short cuts.
- Make sure highly trafficked areas are covered with slip-proof carpeting.
- When entering the building make sure you properly wipe your feet. Wear boots into work during the snowy season.
- Tracking snow into the building is a common problem so be on the look out for wet floors.
- Be prepared for the weather and dress accordingly even on short trips outside the building (taking out the garbage, getting supplies or equipment from a vehicle or another building, etc.) If possible reduce the number of trips outside during bad weather.
- Report slip hazards, both inside and outside the building, to the maintenance staff right away.
Comments on the Risk Reminder can be directed to Bill Bloch at 800-252-5059 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
(A Cannon Cochran Management Services, Inc.. Publications)