Thank You, Parents and Guardians!
from Carlis Thomas, Parent Educator.
Dubois Elementary School Staff, would like to say thank you to parents and guardians, for the important job they do.
In the rush of daily life,
it’s easy to forget the very words that need saying most:
thank you, parents and guardians,
for your good words and deeds
that make such a difference for children and schools.
We want you to know how much you are appreciated
and how important you are to your children’s education
and school success.
This list is a start, a way to say
thanks for all that you do!
* You come to school open houses and parent-teacher conferences even when you’re bone-tired and wish you could stay at home.
* You expect your children to work hard to be responsible at school when they complain about it.
* You organize your home for learning with books and notebooks and a quiet place for study all within a tight budget of money and time.
* You don’t buy your children everything they ask for even when they whine. You teach them to make better judgments and use common sense.
* You set limits with your children for TV, the video game, and the computer so there is time for schoolwork and the things they need to learn.
* You know what your children are doing and with whom, and how they spend their time away from school, away from home. You care enough to make and enforce important rules.
* You spend time with your child reading and talking and listening even when it means less time for yourself. You show your children by example that learning never ends.
* You ask teachers about how to help your child and the school and you share your concerns about education.
* You praise your children, celebrate their successes and encourage them to dream and to work hard to realize those dreams.
As never before, parents, teachers and other school staff are working together.
Thanks for all you do.