Hoffek : Good Morning GMS students and staff Today is October 1, 2021, It’s Mr.Schurman, Mr Hoffek and Ms Mary running the show behind the camera. Today is: Fix it Friday. Our Welcoming Ritual is: How do you fix a broken relationship with a former friend? Teachers have students share with a neighbor or the entire class after announcements!
Schurman: GMS starts school at 8:00 am daily, you are dismissed to class at 7:50
Hoffek: Fun Fact of the Day: The most expensive book ever bought was sold for $30.8 Million! It was purchased by Bill Gates.
On this day in History: 1890 Yosemite National Park was established
Schurman: Students GMS is a Uniform School and Masks Mandated School, while in the building at GMS and on the Bus to and from school. Remember the biker shorts and leggings are not allowed to be worn at school!
Hoffek: Cell Phones: Locked in lockers all day. It is also an expectation at GMS to have computers fully charged when you come to school every day!
Schurman: Expectation of the Day: Excessive Unnecessary bodily contact
- Smacking another student on the neck, face, or anywhere on their person will not be tolerated. An out of school suspension will result.
- Jumping on other students is not allowed
- Pushing an shoving is not allowed
- Horseplay is not allowed
- Please keep your hands, arms, legs, feet, and bodies to yourself
Hoffek: Lunch: Today the Cafeteria will be serving: Hamburger horseshoe, Manager’s choice, Romaine salad with cucumber slices and dressing, assorted chilled and fresh fruit, Milk
Schurman: Purple positives are passed out by teachers for exemplifying good behavior and meeting the expectations of GMS! If you get a purple positive, drop it off in the Big RED tubs in the main lobby that has your grade level on it! There will be random out of the blue drawings for a variety of prizes.
Hoffek: GMS Athletics for Today
· XC meet at Jacksonville tomorrow
· Boys BBall: 6th grade game at 9:30 am at GMS tomorrow, 7/8th open gym today 2:30-4, 6th Practice 4-6
- Beta club members: We will be having our first meeting Tuesday from 2:30-4 in room 219. Please see Miss Gibbs or Mrs. Buckles if you have any questions.
- All Athletes make sure you are checking your grades, if you are failing any class you are ineligible to play the following Monday-Saturday. If you are in ineligible any 3 weeks of the season you will be removed from the team
· Athletes also remember to pay your athletic fee, turn in permit card, and 7/8th graders must have a current physical on file.
Schurman: Paint night is October 14th 6-8 pm, Pizza and drinks provided, RSVP by 10/8, Also, Ms Tally will be sending out the NIU virtual tour link to kids on Monday...
If you (students) watch the video and answer all questions correctly your name will be entered to win a box of one dozen glazed donuts from Krispy Kreme!! Multiple people will be chosen!!!!!!
- Rm. 107 - Will be open for students during A lunch students may bring lunch and report to 107 — read / homework etc…..
- Rm. 103 - Will be open for students during B lunch students may bring lunch and report to 103 — read / homework etc…..
With that, let us stand for the pledge.
Both: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
Hoffek: You may be seated. Let us pause for a moment of silence. Use this time to personally reflect on ways you can be successful today.
BANNED BOOK WEEK GUEST
Hoffek: It’s Joke Time!!!!
Schurman: Yes Mr Hoffek
Hoffek: from Ava C: Did you hear that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be doing a movie about classical music? He'll be Bach.
Schurman: Jokes and Birthdays
Hoffek: There is a ton of helpful information located on the GMS webpage. Please use this to find answers to many common questions about GMS including practice schedules!!!!
Schurman: Today’s weather includes …A high of 86 with a 20% chance of precipitation.
Schurman: And with that ladies and gentlemen….
Hoffek: Work hard, be safe, and wear your masks!
Friday’s: Guidelines for Appropriate Behavior
Memorial Stadium and Spartan Field
Fall 2021 Season
Please read each Friday through Oct 31, 2021
Students, please remember that the football games at Memorial Stadium and Spartan Field are
school functions and all behavior guidelines will be enforced at all times during these games.
Any inappropriate behavior displayed at these games will result in consequences that will be
enforced by the administration of (Name of School). This includes behavior inside the stadium,
as well as adjacent to the facility.
All spectators are expected to remain seated during all games. Anyone standing or roaming about
will be asked to sit in the stands, failure to comply will result in you being removed from the
Failing to abide by the football stadium expectations may result in you being escorted from the
stadium. If you are escorted from the stadium you will not be allowed to return to future games.
Football games will conclude at approximately 9:15 p.m. Please make sure your ride, if needed,
is at the stadium to pick you up at that time.
Most importantly, we hope you and your friends have fun and enjoy the football games in