Hoffek : Good Morning GMS students and staff Today is October 5, 2021, It’s Mr.Schurman, Mr Hoffek and Ms Mary running the show behind the camera. Today is: Talk about it Tuesday. Our Welcoming Ritual is: How do you make new friends? Teachers have students share with a neighbor or the entire class after announcements!
Schurman: GMS starts school at 8:00 am daily, you are dismissed to class at 7:50
Hoffek: Fun Fact of the Day: The human body is made up of 37 trillion cells
On this day in History: 2011 Steve Jobs the co-founder of Apple passed away
Schurman: Students GMS is a Uniform School and Masks Mandated School, while in the building at GMS and on the Bus to and from school. Remember the biker shorts and leggings are not allowed to be worn at school!
Hoffek: Cell Phones: Locked in lockers all day. It is also an expectation at GMS to have computers fully charged when you come to school every day!
Schurman: Expectation of the Day: Excessive Unnecessary bodily contact
- Smacking another student on the neck, face, or anywhere on their person will not be tolerated. An out of school suspension will result.
- Jumping on other students is not allowed
- Pushing an shoving is not allowed
- Horseplay is not allowed
- Please keep your hands, arms, legs, feet, and bodies to yourself
Hoffek: Lunch: Today the Cafeteria will be serving: Taco on WG Tortilla, Manager’s choice deli sandwich, shredded lettuce, salsa, fresh orange wedges, Milk
Schurman: Purple positives are passed out by teachers for exemplifying good behavior and meeting the expectations of GMS! If you get a purple positive, drop it off in the Big RED tubs in the main lobby that has your grade level on it! There will be random out of the blue drawings for a variety of prizes.
Hoffek: GMS Athletics for Today
· XC meet last night- everyone did an excellent job at the City meet
· Boys BBall: Off
· GirlsBball: Game at 4:30 – reminder to fans – masks are required, stay in seat until half time or between games, watch the game and respectfully cheer on the Generals
- Beta club members: We will be having our first meeting Tuesday from 2:30-4 in room 219. Please see Miss Gibbs or Mrs. Buckles if you have any questions.
- POTG is meeting this Today in room 107 AND…...
Are you a wiz at math, science, history, grammar, or reading? A sports fanatic? Love answering trivia questions? Have a competitive streak?If so, scholastic bowl wants YOU! Anyone interested in joining the GMS scholastic bowl team (this also includes returning team members), there is a meeting this Thursday in room 107 after school to explain what scholastic bowl is all about. This meeting will be short, and over with by 3:15. If you’re interested but cannot attend this meeting, pleas stop by Mrs. Romer’s room and let her know. Tryouts will begin next week.
Schurman: Paint night is October 14th 6-8 pm, Pizza and drinks provided, RSVP by 10/8, Also, Ms Tally will be sent out the NIU virtual tour link yesterday...
If you (students) watch the video and answer all questions correctly your name will be entered to win a box of one dozen glazed donuts from Krispy Kreme!! Multiple people will be chosen!!!!!! NIU virtual tour winners.... Antoine Hunter, Zaniyah Watson, Ella Jarmer, Keniylah Buie and Camorah Morris. They can come find me today in room 117 for their gift certificate
Hoffek: A lunch: boys go to East end, Girls go to west end
- Rm. 107 - Will be open for students during A lunch students may bring lunch and report to 107 — read / homework etc…..
- Rm. 103 - Will be open for students during B lunch students may bring lunch and report to 103 — read / homework etc…..
With that, let us stand for the pledge.
Both: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
Hoffek: You may be seated. Let us pause for a moment of silence. Use this time to personally reflect on ways you can be successful today.
Hoffek: It’s Joke Time!!!!
Schurman: Yes Mr Hoffek
Hoffek: I couldn’t figure out why the baseball kept getting larger as it got closer to me……. Then it hit me!
Schurman: Jokes and Birthdays
Hoffek: There is a ton of helpful information located on the GMS webpage. Please use this to find answers to many common questions about GMS including practice schedules!!!!
Schurman: Today’s weather includes …A high of 74 with a 20% chance of precipitation.
Schurman: And with that ladies and gentlemen….
Hoffek: Work hard, be safe, and wear your masks!