Hoffek : Good Morning GMS students and staff Today is October 12, 2021, It’s Mr.Schurman, Mr Hoffek and Ms Mary running the show behind the camera. Today is: Talk abut it Tuesday. Our Welcoming Ritual is: Did you do anything fun over the 3 day weekend? Teachers have students share with a neighbor or the entire class after announcements!
Schurman: GMS starts school at 8:00 am daily, you are dismissed to class at 7:50
Hoffek: Fun Fact of the Day: Women’s hearts beat faster than mens!
On this day in History: 1492 Columbus Reached the New world
Schurman: Students GMS is a Uniform School and Masks Mandated School, while in the building at GMS and on the Bus to and from school. Remember the biker shorts and leggings are not allowed to be worn at school!
Hoffek: Cell Phones: Locked in lockers all day. It is also an expectation at GMS to have computers fully charged when you come to school every day!
Schurman: Expectation of the Day: Lunch Gym Expectations
- Sit in appropriate area
- Keep hands, feet, arms, legs, body to yourself
- Line up with level 2 voices on the out of bounds line when told to line up to go to class
Hoffek: Lunch: Today the Cafeteria will be serving: Cheese Quesadilla, Fiesta Boli, Seasoned Green Beans, Mango Peach Applesauce, Milk
Schurman: Purple positives are passed out by teachers for exemplifying good behavior and meeting the expectations of GMS! If you get a purple positive, drop it off in the Big RED tubs in the main lobby that has your grade level on it! There will be random out of the blue drawings for a variety of prizes.
Hoffek: GMS Athletics for Today
· XC: Congratulations to Khorbin Gregory on placing 4th at Sectionals and Qualifying for state! The cross country team ran the sectional meet in Bethalto, Illinois, on Saturday. It was an overall success with many of the runners finished with great times. Brenna Y ran a PR of 20:33 and Morgan S came in at 23:05. For the boys, 3 runners ran non-Jacksonville PR’s. Rowan J had a 17:29, Johnny M ran 19:04, and Daniel H finished with a 27:34. Patrick V ran 23:48 and Damien B had a time of 18:26.
The overall boys 4th place finished out of the top 92 runners in the area was Khorbin Gregory with an amazingly fast time of 11:41. Khorbin qualified for the state meet next weekend in Normal, Illinois. Please congratulate him on a great run.
· GirlsBball: Home Game at 4:30. Remember if you are coming to the game you must be in school uniform
- Boys BBall: No practice or open gym
Schurman: Paint night is October 14th 6-8 pm, Pizza and drinks provided, RSVP by 10/8, Also, Ms Tally will be sent out the NIU virtual tour link yesterday...
If you (students) watch the video and answer all questions correctly your name will be entered to win a box of one dozen glazed donuts from Krispy Kreme!! Multiple people will be chosen!!!!!! NIU virtual tour winners
- Looking for a way to support your Grant school and neighborhood? Pride of the Generals is collecting canned food items for the school’s food pantry. Please bring your donated items to room 107 by October 18th.
Hoffek: A lunch: boys go to the gym, Girls go to west end
- Rm. 107 - Will be open for students during A lunch students may bring lunch and report to 107 — read / homework etc…..
- Rm. 103 - Will be open for students during B lunch students may bring lunch and report to 103 — read / homework etc…..
With that, let us stand for the pledge.
Both: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
Hoffek: You may be seated. Let us pause for a moment of silence. Use this time to personally reflect on ways you can be successful today.
Hoffek: It’s Joke Time!!!!
Schurman: Yes Mr Hoffek
Hoffek: Why did the moon feel sick to its stomach? It was a full moon!
Schurman: Jokes and Birthdays
Hoffek: There is a ton of helpful information located on the GMS webpage. Please use this to find answers to many common questions about GMS including practice schedules!!!!
Schurman: Today’s weather includes …A high of 74 with a 0% chance of precipitation.
Schurman: And with that ladies and gentlemen….
Hoffek: Work hard, be safe, and wear your masks!