Hoffek : Good Morning GMS students and staff Today is October 20, 2021, It’s Mr.Schurman, Mr Hoffek and Ms Mary running the show behind the camera. Today is: Work it out Wednesday. Our Welcoming Ritual is: What steps do you take to solve a problem?
Teachers have students share with a neighbor or the entire class after announcements!
Schurman: GMS starts school at 8:00 am daily, you are dismissed to class at 7:50
Hoffek: Fun Fact of the Day: Your nose gets warmer when you lie!
On this day in History: 1947 The US Congress investigates communists in Hollywood.
Schurman: Students GMS is a Uniform School and Masks Mandated School, while in the building at GMS and on the Bus to and from school. Remember the biker shorts and leggings are not allowed to be worn at school!
Hoffek: Cell Phones: Locked in lockers all day. It is also an expectation at GMS to have computers fully charged when you come to school every day!
- Breast Cancer shirts are being sold at both lunch shifts. If you buy a shirt, you will be allowed to wear jeans on Friday in October to support Breast cancer research. Short sleeve and Long sleeve available!
Schurman: Expectation of the Day: Problem Solving
- Seek help from an adult
- Develop a plan to solve your problem
- Talk it out with an adult
- Put your plan into action (an adult can help you if you need it)
Hoffek: Lunch: Today the Cafeteria will be serving: Cheese Pizza, Manager’s choice Delli Sandwich, Seasoned corn, Chilled peaches, Milk
Schurman: Purple positives are passed out by teachers for exemplifying good behavior and meeting the expectations of GMS! If you get a purple positive, drop it off in the Big RED tubs in the main lobby that has your grade level on it! There will be random out of the blue drawings for a variety of prizes.
Hoffek: GMS Athletics for Today
· GirlsBball: Game @ Stephen Decatur. Bus 2:45
- Boys BBall: 7/8th Practice 6-8 pm
- Scholastic Bowl – Scholastic Bowl tryouts this Friday. Rest up those Brains and be ready to get after it on Friday at tryouts!!!!
Schurman: Remember athletes to keep your grades up! You have to be passing every class to be eligible!!!!
Hoffek: A lunch: boys go to east, Girls go to west end
- Rm. 107 - Will be open for students during A lunch students may bring lunch and report to 107 — read / homework etc…..
- Rm. 103 - Will be open for students during B lunch students may bring lunch and report to 103 — read / homework etc…..
With that, let us stand for the pledge.
Both: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
Hoffek: You may be seated. Let us pause for a moment of silence. Use this time to personally reflect on ways you can be successful today.
Hoffek: It’s Joke Time!!!!
Schurman: Yes Mr Hoffek
Hoffek: Want to hear a joke about Construction? I’m still working on it!!!
Schurman: Jokes and Birthdays
Hoffek: Check out the GMS website Jostens store for all your GMS Generals Apparrell needs! Also Sign ups for P/T Conferences will be posted soon.
Schurman: Today’s weather includes …A high of 74 with a 4% chance of precipitation.
Schurman: And with that ladies and gentlemen….
Hoffek: Work hard, be safe, and wear your masks!