Hoffek : Good Morning GMS students and staff Today is October 22, 2021, It’s Mr.Schurman, Mr Hoffek and Ms Mary running the show behind the camera. Today is: Think about it Thursday. Our Welcoming Ritual is: Think about your favorite place to go, and why it is your favorite place?
Teachers have students share with a neighbor or the entire class after announcements!
Schurman: GMS starts school at 8:00 am daily, you are dismissed to class at 7:50
Parent Teacher conferences are November 1 and 2! Sign up by going to the GMS web page and click on the banner to sign up using My conference time.
Hoffek: Fun Fact of the Day: There are 506 (93%) GMS students that have ZERO referrals!!!! That is amazing
On this day in History:
Schurman: Students GMS is a Uniform School and Masks Mandated School, while in the building at GMS and on the Bus to and from school. Remember the biker shorts and leggings are not allowed to be worn at school!
Hoffek: Cell Phones: Locked in lockers all day. It is also an expectation at GMS to have computers fully charged when you come to school every day!
- Breast Cancer shirts are being sold at both lunch shifts. If you buy a shirt, you will be allowed to wear jeans on Friday in October to support Breast cancer research. Short sleeve and Long sleeve available!
Schurman: Expectation of the Day: Playgroud Behavior
- Safe hands and feet, hands, arms and body
- No rough play
- No jumping on others backs
- Appropriate language
- Keep playground area clean – A lunch yesterday was awful
Hoffek: Lunch: Today the Cafeteria will be serving: Cheeseburger on Bun, Managers Choice, Broccoli Florets, Assorted chilled or fresh fruit, Milk.
Schurman: Purple positives are passed out by teachers for exemplifying good behavior and meeting the expectations of GMS! If you get a purple positive, drop it off in the Big RED tubs in the main lobby that has your grade level on it! There will be random out of the blue drawings for a variety of prizes.
Hoffek: GMS Athletics for Today
· GirlsBball: No practice, 6th Girls have a game at JMS
· Boys BBall: 7th/8th Practice: 2:30-4:30, 6th Grade Practice 4:30-6:30
- Scholastic Bowl – Scholastic Bowl tryouts Toda!!!!!. Rest up those Brains and be ready to get after it on Friday at tryouts!!!! It’s time to get Cerebral!
Schurman: Tardy Policy
- 1-2 Warning
- 3-5 1 noon Det.
- 6-10 2 noon det
- 11-15 ½ day IH
- 16-20 full day IH
Hoffek: A lunch: boys go to the gym, Girls go to west end
- Rm. 107 - Will be open for students during A lunch students may bring lunch and report to 107 — read / homework etc…..
- Rm. 103 - Will be open for students during B lunch students may bring lunch and report to 103 — read / homework etc…..
With that, let us stand for the pledge.
Both: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
Hoffek: You may be seated. Let us pause for a moment of silence. Use this time to personally reflect on ways you can be successful today.
Hoffek: It’s Joke Time!!!!
Schurman: Yes Mr Hoffek
Hoffek: I know a lot of jokes about retired, but none of them work!!!!!
Schurman: Jokes and Birthdays
Hoffek: Check out the GMS website Jostens store for all your GMS Generals Apparel needs! Also Sign ups for P/T Conferences will be posted soon.
Schurman: Today’s weather includes …A high of 58 with a 5% chance of precipitation.
Schurman: And with that ladies and gentlemen….
Hoffek: Work hard, be safe, and wear your masks!