Hoffek : Good Morning GMS students and staff Today is October 25, 2021, It’s Mr.Schurman, Mr Hoffek and Ms Mary running the show behind the camera. Today is: Motivational Monday Our Welcoming Ritual is: Today is the First day of the 2nd Quarter, what are your goals for the 2nd quarter?
Teachers have students share with a neighbor or the entire class after announcements!
Schurman: GMS starts school at 8:00 am daily, you are dismissed to class at 7:50
Parent Teacher conferences are November 1 and 2! Sign up by going to the GMS web page and click on the banner to sign up using My conference time.
Hoffek: Fun Fact of the Day: Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump!
Schurman: Students GMS is a Uniform School and Masks Mandated School, while in the building at GMS and on the Bus to and from school. Remember the biker shorts, yoga pants, and leggings are not allowed to be worn at school!
Hoffek: Cell Phones: Locked in lockers all day. It is also an expectation at GMS to have computers fully charged when you come to school every day!
- Breast Cancer shirts are being sold at both lunch shifts. If you buy a shirt, you will be allowed to wear jeans on Friday in October to support Breast cancer research. Short sleeve and Long sleeve available!
Schurman: Expectation of the Day: Playgroud Behavior
- Safe hands and feet, hands, arms and body
- No rough play
- No jumping on others backs
- Appropriate language
- Keep playground area clean
Hoffek: Lunch: Today the Cafeteria will be serving: General TSo’s Chicken with Rice, Ham and cheese wrap, baby whole carrots, strawberry applesauce, Milk
Schurman: Purple positives are passed out by teachers for exemplifying good behavior and meeting the expectations of GMS! If you get a purple positive, drop it off in the Big RED tubs in the main lobby that has your grade level on it! There will be random out of the blue drawings for a variety of prizes.
Hoffek: GMS Athletics for Today
· GirlsBball: Game at GMS vs Jacksonville, 4:30 Must be in school uniform to attend
· Boys BBall: No Practice
- Scholastic Bowl – Scholastic Bowl tryouts Today for those students that were unable to try out on Friday. If you did tryout Friday, you DO NOT need to tryout again today. Team will be announced on Wednesday.
Schurman: Tardy Policy
- 1-2 Warning
- 3-5 1 noon Det.
- 6-10 2 noon det
- 11-15 ½ day IH
- 16-20 full day IH
Hoffek: A lunch: Probably going to be a gym day.
- Rm. 107 - Will be open for students during A lunch students may bring lunch and report to 107 — read / homework etc…..
- Rm. 103 - Will be open for students during B lunch students may bring lunch and report to 103 — read / homework etc…..
With that, let us stand for the pledge.
Both: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
Hoffek: You may be seated. Let us pause for a moment of silence. Use this time to personally reflect on ways you can be successful today.
Hoffek: It’s Joke Time!!!!
Schurman: Yes Mr Hoffek
Hoffek: From Chyla: What do Dentists call their x-rays? Tooth Pics
Schurman: Jokes and Birthdays
Hoffek: Check out the GMS website Jostens store for all your GMS Generals Apparel needs! Also Sign ups for P/T Conferences will be posted soon.
Schurman: Today’s weather includes …A high of 53 with a 13% chance of precipitation.
Schurman: And with that ladies and gentlemen….
Hoffek: Work hard, be safe, and wear your masks!