Schurman : Good Morning GMS students and staff
Hoffek: Today is October 27, 2021, It’s Mr.Schurman, Mr Hoffek and Ms Mary running the show behind the camera. Today is: Talk about it Tuesday. Our Welcoming Ritual is: Talk about how stay organized? Teachers have students share with a neighbor or the entire class after announcements!
Schurman: GMS starts school at 8:00 am daily, you are dismissed to class at 7:50. Big shout out to the bus 90 riders that walked over 2 miles to get to school yesterday because their bus didn’t show up!
Hoffek: Parent Teacher conferences are November 1 and 2! Sign up by going to the GMS web page and click on the banner to sign up using My conference time.
Schurman: Tutoring is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school until 4:15.
Hoffek: Fun Fact of the Day: Peaches and Nectarines are almost genetically identical
On this day in History: 1904 The New York City Subway Opens
Schurman: Students GMS is a Uniform School and Masks Mandated School, while in the building at GMS and on the Bus to and from school. Remember the biker shorts, yoga pants, and leggings are not allowed to be worn at school!
Hoffek: Cell Phones: Locked in lockers all day. It is also an expectation at GMS to have computers fully charged when you come to school every day!
- Breast Cancer shirts are being sold at both lunch shifts. If you buy a shirt, you will be allowed to wear jeans on Friday in October to support Breast cancer research. Short sleeve and Long sleeve available!
Schurman: Expectation of the Day: Bus
- Respect the bus driver/monitor at all times
- Stay seated in your seat
- Level 2 voice
- No food or drink on the bus
- All school rules apply on the bus
- All busses are equipped with cameras with audio
Hoffek: Lunch: Today the Cafeteria will be serving: Bosco Stick with meat sauce, Cheese tortellini with meat sauce and garlic bread, cauliflower florets, chilled peaches, Milk
Schurman: Purple positives are passed out by teachers for exemplifying good behavior and meeting the expectations of GMS! If you get a purple positive, drop it off in the Big RED tubs in the main lobby that has your grade level on it! There will be random out of the blue drawings for a variety of prizes.
Hoffek: GMS Athletics for Today
· GirlsBball: 8th Grade picked up a W against CTK last night, Practice 2:30-4:15
· Boys BBall: 6th No Practice, 7/8th Practice 6:00-8:00
Schurman: Tardy Policy
- 1-2 Warning
- 3-5 1 noon Det.
- 6-10 2 noon det
- 11-15 ASD Det.
- 16-20 1/2 day IH
- 21+ Full day IH
Hoffek: A lunch: Boys on the East, Girls on the West
- Rm. 107 - Will be open for students during A lunch students may bring lunch and report to 107 — read / homework etc…..
- Rm. 103 - Will be open for students during B lunch students may bring lunch and report to 103 — read / homework etc…..
With that, let us stand for the pledge.
Both: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
Hoffek: You may be seated. Let us pause for a moment of silence. Use this time to personally reflect on ways you can be successful today.
Hoffek: It’s Joke Time!!!!
Schurman: Yes Mr Hoffek
Hoffek: Did you hear about the new restaurant on the moon? It just didn’t have any atmosphere!
Schurman: Jokes and Birthdays
Hoffek: Check out the GMS website Jostens store for all your GMS Generals Apparel needs! Also Sign ups for P/T Conferences will be posted soon.
Schurman: Today’s weather includes …A high of 61 with a 16% chance of precipitation.
Schurman: And with that ladies and gentlemen….
Hoffek: Work hard, be safe, and wear your masks!