Schurman : Good Morning GMS students and staff
Hoffek: Today is November 4, 2021. It’s Mr.Schurman, Mr Hoffek and Ms Mary running the show behind the camera. Today is: Thriving Thursday? Our Welcoming Ritual is: How do you feel when your are successful at solving a problem you have been dealing with? Teachers have students share with a neighbor or the entire class after announcements!
Schurman: GMS starts school at 8:00 am daily, you are dismissed to class at 7:50.
Schurman: Tutoring is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school until 4:15.
Hoffek: Fun Fact of the Day: About 75% of your Brain is made of Water
On this day in History: 1922 The entrance to King Tut’s tomb was discovered.
Schurman: Students GMS is a Uniform School and Masks Mandated School, while in the building at GMS and on the Bus to and from school. Remember the biker shorts, yoga pants, and leggings are not allowed to be worn at school!
Hoffek: Cell Phones: Locked in lockers all day. It is also an expectation at GMS to have computers fully charged when you come to school every day!
Schurman: Expectation of the Day: Behavior
- Keep hands, feet, arms, legs, and bodies to ourselves
- Use appropriate language
- No play fighting
- No hitting each other with our long sleeves
- No jumping on people or their backs
Hoffek: Lunch: Today the Cafeteria will be serving: Homemade Salisbury Steak with dinner roll, Chicken Salad Sandwich, mashed potatoes with gravy, Banana, Milk
Schurman: Purple positives are passed out by teachers for exemplifying good behavior and meeting the expectations of GMS! If you get a purple positive, drop it off in the Big RED tubs in the main lobby that has your grade level on it! There will be random out of the blue drawings for a variety of prizes.
Hoffek: GMS Athletics for Today
· GirlsBball: No Practice
· Boys BBall: 7/8th Practice 4-5:30
· POTG will meet today after school and Scholastic Bowl will meet this FRIDAY after school.
· the next Beta Club meeting is today from 2:30-4. Questions, see Mrs. Buckles or Miss Gibbs
- Girls Scouts will be meeting today (Thursday) during lunch
Schurman: Tardy Policy
- 1-2 Warning
- 3-5 1 noon Det.
- 6-10 2 noon det
- 11-15 ASD Det.
- 16-20 1/2 day IH
- 21+ Full day IH
- Don’t forget if you get a detention for tardies, you serve that during your lunch shift with Ms Dixon in the library. Please check the list!
Hoffek: A lunch: Boys on the East, Girls on the West. A lunch girls will enter the building at the 1900 doors and go up the west stairs. Boys will go in doorway to hallway behind the gym and proceed to the middle stairs.
B Lunch – 8th Grade lines up against the building and goes in doors to back hallway, 7th Grade lines up by the fence, goes in 1900 doors, up the west stairs
- Rm. 107 - Will be open for students during A lunch students may bring lunch and report to 107 — read / homework etc…..
- Rm. 103 - Will be open for students during B lunch students may bring lunch and report to 103 — read / homework etc…..
With that, let us stand for the pledge.
Both: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
Hoffek: You may be seated. Let us pause for a moment of silence. Use this time to personally reflect on ways you can be successful today.
Hoffek: It’s Joke Time!!!!
Schurman: Yes Mr Hoffek
Hoffek: From Jeremiah T: ok, I've got a real joke for you" which person in the whole school has the greenest thumb?" Punchline: Mr " Gardner"
Hoffek: Check out the GMS website Jostens store for all your GMS Generals Apparel needs!
Schurman: Today’s weather includes …A high of 48 with a 0% chance of precipitation. WEAR YOUR COAT OUTSIDE AT LUNCHTIME!!!
Schurman: And with that ladies and gentlemen….
Hoffek: Work hard, be safe, and wear your masks!