Schurman : Good Morning GMS students and staff
Hoffek: Today is November 10, 2021. It’s Mr.Schurman, Mr Hoffek and Ms Mary running the show behind the camera. Today is: Work it out Wednesday? Our Welcoming Ritual is: If you receive an Office Referral from a Teacher, how do you repair the relationship with that teacher? Teachers have students share with a neighbor or the entire class after announcements!
Schurman: GMS starts school at 8:00 am daily, you are dismissed to class at 7:50..
Hoffek: Fun Fact of the Day: Experts Predict there will be 9.7 billion people on Earth by 2050, Currently we have 7.8 Billion people!!!!
Today in history: 1969 Sesame Street Debuts on TV
Schurman: Tutoring is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school until 4:15.
Schurman: Students GMS is a Uniform School and Masks Mandated School, while in the building at GMS and on the Bus to and from school. Remember the biker shorts, yoga pants, and leggings are not allowed to be worn at school!
Hoffek: Cell Phones: Locked in lockers all day. It is also an expectation at GMS to have computers fully charged when you come to school every day!
Schurman: Expectation of the Day: Behavior – this includes bus behavior
- Keep hands, feet, arms, legs, and bodies to ourselves
- Use appropriate language
- No play fighting
- No hitting each other with our long sleeves
- No jumping on people or their backs
- No jumping up and hitting the signs in the hallways! This includes the exit signs.
Hoffek: Lunch: Today the Cafeteria will be serving: Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread, Hot ham and cheese, Romaine salad with shredded carrots and dressing, chilled pears, Milk
Schurman: All students listen up!!! Starting next week, we will be doing SSR during TAPS TIME! YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A BOOK WITH YOU AND READ DURING THAT TIME!
Hoffek: GMS Athletics for Today
· Boys BBall: Game tonight at CTK 6 pm tip off for the 7th grade game
· Student of the month – You will get a nice treat on Friday!!!
o Schurman – read first page
o Hoffek – Read 2nd Page
Schurman: Tardy Policy
- 1-2 Warning
- 3-5 1 noon Det.
- 6-10 2 noon det
- 11-15 ASD Det.
- 16-20 1/2 day IH
- 21+ Full day IH
- Don’t forget if you get a detention for tardies, you serve that during your lunch shift with Ms Dixon in the library. Please check the list!
Hoffek: A lunch: Boys on the west, Girls on the East. A lunch girls will enter the building at the 1900 doors and go up the west stairs. Boys will go in doorway to hallway behind the gym and proceed to the middle stairs.
B Lunch – 8th Grade lines up against the building and goes in doors to back hallway, 7th Grade lines up by the fence, goes in 1900 doors, up the west stairs
- Rm. 107 - Will be open for students during A lunch students may bring lunch and report to 107 — read / homework etc…..
- Rm. 103 - Will be open for students during B lunch students may bring lunch and report to 103 — read / homework etc…..
With that, let us stand for the pledge.
Both: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
Hoffek: Friday is Class color day:
· $1 you can wear and out of dress code shirt – donation will go to the APL
o 8th Grade Black
o 7th grade gold/yellow
o 6th Grade White
o must still wear normal dress code pants
o you can wear normal GMS uniform top for free, but can still donate a dollar for the APL.
You may be seated. Let us pause for a moment of silence. Use this time to personally reflect on ways you can be successful today.
Hoffek: It’s Joke Time!!!!
Schurman: Yes Mr Hoffek
Hoffek: What did the slow tomato say to the others? Don't worry; I’ll ketchup.
Hoffek: Check out the GMS website Jostens store for all your GMS Generals Apparel needs!
Schurman: Today’s weather includes …A high of 63 with a 7% chance of precipitation!!!
Schurman: And with that ladies and gentlemen….
Hoffek: Work hard, be safe, and wear your masks!