Schurman : Good Morning GMS students and staff
Hoffek: Today is November 18, 2021. It’s Mr.Schurman, Mr Hoffek and Ms Mary running the show behind the camera. Today is: Thriving Thursday! Our Welcoming Ritual is: What are steps you can take to reach your maximum potential as a person? Teachers have students share with a neighbor or the entire class after announcements!
Schurman: GMS starts school at 8:00 am daily, you are dismissed to class at 7:50..
Hoffek: Fun Fact of the Day: 2 former GMS athletes were Named 1st Team all State in Football for class 4A: Tyaire Lott, Cory West! Congratulations!
Schurman: Tutoring is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school until 4:15.
Schurman: Students GMS is a Uniform School and Masks Mandated School, while in the building at GMS and on the Bus to and from school. Remember the biker shorts, yoga pants, and leggings are not allowed to be worn at school!
Hoffek: Cell Phones: Locked in lockers all day. It is also an expectation at GMS to have computers fully charged when you come to school every day!
Schurman: Expectation of the Day: Language
- Use appropriate language at all times
- Be respectful by saying please and thank you
- Level 2 voices when in the halls
Hoffek: Lunch: Today the Cafeteria will be serving: Turkey and gravy with Hawaiian roll, sloppy joe on bun, mashed taters w/ gravy, stuffing, apple crisp, sidekick, milk.
Schurman: All students listen up!!! WE will be doing SSR during TAPS TIME! YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A BOOK WITH YOU AND READ DURING THAT TIME!
Hoffek: GMS Athletics for Today
· Boys BBall: 7/8th practice 4-5:30
· POTG will meet this Friday after school.
· The beta food drive continues through the end of the week!
- 7th Grade
- 1st Place-Z-Mont 3.6% (47 cans)
- 2nd place-Cuzzort 2.1% (42 cans)
- 8th Grade
- 1st Place-Gibbs 2.6% (29 cans)
- 2nd place-Romer 0.4% (10 cans)
Schurman: Tardy Policy
- 1-2 Warning
- 3-5 1 noon Det.
- 6-10 2 noon det
- 11-15 ASD Det.
- 16-20 1/2 day IH
- 21+ Full day IH
- Don’t forget if you get a detention for tardies, you serve that during your lunch shift with Ms Dixon in the library. Please check the list!
Hoffek: A lunch: Boys on the east, Girls on the west. A lunch girls will enter the building at the 1900 doors and go up the west stairs. Boys will go in doorway to hallway behind the gym and proceed to the middle stairs.
B Lunch – 8th Grade lines up against the building and goes in doors to back hallway, 7th Grade lines up by the fence, goes in 1900 doors, up the west stairs
*AT LUNCH DO NOT ATTEMPT TO JUMP OVER THE BENCHES! SERIOUS INJURY CAN OCCUR IF YOU ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL!
- Rm. 107 - Will be open for students during A lunch students may bring lunch and report to 107 — read / homework etc…..
- Rm. 103 - Will be open for students during B lunch students may bring lunch and report to 103 — read / homework etc…..
With that, let us stand for the pledge.
Both: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
You may be seated. Let us pause for a moment of silence. Use this time to personally reflect on ways you can be successful today.
Hoffek: It’s Joke Time!!!!
Schurman: Yes Mr Hoffek
Hoffek: From Chyla U: What do you get from a pampered cow? Spoiled milk
Hoffek: Reminder…If you damage school property, you will get a consequence. This includes any tik tok challenge.
Schurman: Today’s weather includes …A high of 45 with a 1% chance of precipitation. Please wear your coat outside for lunch!
Schurman: And with that ladies and gentlemen….Hoffek: Work hard, be safe, and wear your masks!