As of this afternoon the Governor has closed all public and private schools in the State of Illinois beginning March 17, 2020 through March 30, 2020. In his statement the Governor addresses school activities with the following statement, “All in-person school sponsored activities that are scheduled during the statewide school closure are suspended until school resumes.” This changes the course we had planned for running spring sports practices and games as scheduled. Beginning Monday March 16, 2020 all spring athletics will be suspended until March 30, 2020. I will need you to communicate the following information to all of your coaches and spring athletes.
- Teams will not be allowed to practice at the school or have organized practices led by coaches offsite.
- All competitions scheduled from Monday March 16, 2020 through March 30, 2020 will be postponed, to be rescheduled as time in the season allows.
- The priority for rescheduled games will be with conference games. (I am sure that the CS-8 will work to adopt a modified schedule for the spring sports season based on the number of game postponements.)
- Athletes are allowed to run captains workouts for sports. These workouts cannot be mandatory, cannot be held on District #186 property, cannot be organized by coaches, and cannot be attended by coaches.
- School Equipment cannot be used at captains workouts.
- All water jugs, water bottles,towels and other shared equipment must be sanitized prior to teams returning on March 31, 2020.