Wednesday, February 16, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Today is a B day & we will be outside for lunch shifts.
If your planner ends in the number 3, you're a winner! See Ms. Rennison in the main lobby after school.
BLACK HISTORY TRIVIA
February is Black History Month! During this month JMS will be having Black History Questions asked daily on the morning announcements. Students will have a chance to win a prize if they answer the questions correctly and their names are pulled.
Students must put their name, grade, and answer on a piece of paper and place it in the box labeled "Black History Answers" during their lunch shift.
If your name is called on the announcements the following day, you will be given a prize!
Yesterday's Question & Answer
She led so many slaves to freedom that she came to be known as the "Moses of her People." What was her real name? Harriet Tubman
Who is the 44th President of the United States?
On Friday, February 25th, we will be having a Cops vs. Kids basketball game during 4th block! In order to attend, you must have a 91% or better attendance rate & have no suspensions or referrals for the month of February.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Michael E., Terrence W., & a belated Happy Birthday to Ms. Kulavic!
Main Entree: Popcorn Chicken with a Roll; Cheesy Mashed Potatoes; Corn
A la Carte:
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
• Sit on the proper side of the cafeteria — A-K or L-Z.
• Keep your conversations at low volume.
• Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself at all times.
• Clean up after yourself.
• Push in your chair when you have been dismissed.
• Walk quietly in the halls if it is an inside day.
• Choose an activity & stick with it for the entire lunch recess!
• Registration Forms ~ There are registration forms for baseball, softball, soccer, & t-ball from the YMCA, Fairview Youth Athletic Association, & Cy Young Little League available in the rack outside of the Guidance Office. If you are interested, please check out the information rack.
• Cheerleaders ~ Please see Ms. Joost for information on your end of the season party.
Practice today from 2:30-4PM in room 206.
REGIONAL SCIENCE FAIR PARTICIPANTS
Those students who were chosen for regional science fair should meet in Ms. Franklin's room after school today.
BURGER KING FUNDRAISER
Come to the Burger King on 6th Street tonight between 5-8PM and purchase your dinner! Burger King will donate 20% of the purchase to Jefferson's Yearbook Club. See the JMS web page for more information and for the coupon.
21ST CENTURY & KARATE LESSONS
Starting today, the 21st Century After-School Program will be hosting karate lessons every Wednesday in the cafeteria. You MUST be a member of 21st Century in order to participate. If you have not already signed up, just talk to a teacher or pick up an application in the office. Get homework help and bump up your grades ~ and now, learn some sweet karate moves!
HIP HOP DANCERS
The Hip Hop dancers will be having a Crush for a Crush Valentine's Day fundraiser all this week. Crush sodas will be available for you to purchase for you crush or a good friend. The sodas will be available for a $1, and will be delivered to your crushes on Friday, February 18th at the Valentine's dance.
We will meet Thursday from 2:30-4PM in room 115.
ISAT SURVIVOR NIGHT
Come participate in fun activities that will prepare you for the ISATs! Survivor Night will be held on Wednesday, February 23rd from 5-7PM.
SE HEALTH SCIENCE ACADEMY
The application deadline for Southeast High School's Health Science Academy is Wednesday, February 23rd. Please turn in your application to the Guidance Office.
Yearbooks are on sale for a low introductory fee of $21. Pre-order yours today! There is a limited quantity available. If you have questions, please see Ms. J-C in room 115.
MUNCHIES WITH MOM
Mothers are invited to come have breakfast with their student(s) on Wednesday, February 23rd. Please RSVP by Monday, February 21st.
KIDS FIRST SPORTS
If you are interested in playing youth baseball with this organization, there are registration forms in the Guidance Office. For more information, go to http://www.kidsfirstsports.org
• All students need to keep their hands to themselves whether in the halls or in the classrooms. Bullying and physical violence toward each other will not be tolerated.
• 7th & 8th grade students should not be passing through the 6th grade hallway. If you have a class in the 1st floor gym area, you must use the west stairs — NOT the stairs by the library.
• Every student must have a pass when coming to any of the offices. The only exception is for Check-In/Check-Out students. If you are needing to go to the office for the nurse, to speak with your Guidance counselor or administrator, or anyone else, you must have a pass!
AFTER SCHOOL PROCEDURES
If you have an after-school detention or activity, you should go directly to the detention or activity when the 2:30 PM bell rings. You are NOT allowed to come downstairs to talk to your friends in the hall or outside at the bus stop and then go back upstairs for your detention or activity. Once you leave the building, you are not allowed to come back in to serve a detention or participate in the activity. If you miss your bus, you will be allowed back inside to call for a ride.
Reminder that polo shirts cannot have logos and the cannot be pinned to hide the logo. Dress code violations should be sent to the Guidance Office.
• not be carried around
• not be tied around your waist
• not be just covering your arms!
2010-2011 OPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL ORATORICAL CONTEST
The Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield announces the 2011 Optimist Oratory Contest which will be held on Saturday, March 5th. The topic is "If I were leader of the free world, the first issue I would address would be ..."
More information can be obtained by contacting the Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield at (217) 546-4443.
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
There are check in/check out sheets in all classrooms. If you forget to pick one up in the morning, you can find one near or on the classroom door.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!