Friday, February 25, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Today is an A day.
BLACK HISTORY TRIVIA
Students must put their name, grade, and answer on a piece of paper and place it in the box labeled "Black History Answers" during their lunch shift.
If your name is called on the announcements the following day, you will be given a prize!
Yesterday's Question & Answer
In 1990, Carol Gist became the first African-American Miss what? Miss USA
George Richardson and Joe James were accused of what crimes?
TODAY we will be having a Cops vs. Kids basketball game during 4th block! In order to attend, you must have a 91% or better attendance rate & have no suspensions or referrals for the month of February.
Mrs. Borders has emailed lists of those students who are ineligible to attend the game.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Donald D., Akee W., Dante H., Brandon S., & Ms. Harrison!
Main Entree: Chili; French Fries; Green Beans
A la Carte:
Monday's Breakfast: Bagels & Cream Cheese or Jelly
STUDENT OF THE MONTH LUNCH
Student of the Month lunch will be held today during your regular lunch shift.
• Track ~ Track practice will begin after school on Wednesday, March 9th. You'll need to be dressed and ready to go at 2:4PM. You need 3 things to participate:
1) Current physical
2) Signed athletic card with signatures and proof of insurance
3) 2.0 minimum GPA at the semester
• 6th Grade Volleyball ~ NO practice today! Coach Duenas cannot be there. Please tell your parents. Coach McCorkle will see you Saturday morning. Don't forget your award ceremony paperwork and money.
• Cheerleaders ~ Please remember to turn in your uniforms to Ms. Joost as soon as possible!
• Registration Forms ~ There are registration forms for baseball, softball, soccer, & t-ball from the YMCA, Fairview Youth Athletic Association, & Cy Young Little League available in the rack outside of the Guidance Office. If you are interested, please check out the information rack.
Snack Attack is back!
Please bring your fundraiser orders to Mrs. P. in office 109.
Starting Tuesday, March 1st, the cost of yearbooks will increase to $25. Save yourself a few dollars by pre-ordering yours today. If you have any questions or need more information, see Mrs. Frye in the main office.
KIDS FIRST SPORTS
If you are interested in playing youth baseball with this organization, there are registration forms in the Guidance Office. For more information, go to http://www.kidsfirstsports.org
• All students need to keep their hands to themselves whether in the halls or in the classrooms. Bullying and physical violence toward each other will not be tolerated.
• 7th & 8th grade students should not be passing through the 6th grade hallway. If you have a class in the 1st floor gym area, you must use the west stairs — NOT the stairs by the library.
• Every student must have a pass when coming to any of the offices. The only exception is for Check-In/Check-Out students. If you are needing to go to the office for the nurse, to speak with your Guidance counselor or administrator, or anyone else, you must have a pass!
AFTER SCHOOL PROCEDURES
If you have an after-school detention or activity, you should go directly to the detention or activity when the 2:30 PM bell rings. You are NOT allowed to come downstairs to talk to your friends in the hall or outside at the bus stop and then go back upstairs for your detention or activity. Once you leave the building, you are not allowed to come back in to serve a detention or participate in the activity. If you miss your bus, you will be allowed back inside to call for a ride.
Reminder that polo shirts cannot have logos and the cannot be pinned to hide the logo. Dress code violations should be sent to the Guidance Office.
• not be carried around
• not be tied around your waist
• not be just covering your arms!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!