Tuesday, April 12, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Welcome to our guest principal, Mr. D. King!
Today is an A day. We will be outside at lunch as long as the weather cooperates.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Main Entree: Spicy Popcorn Chicken; Chicken Salad Sandwiches; Baked Beans; Carrots & Ranch Dip
A la Carte: At the registers ~ Blueberry Yogurt Parfaits - $1.00, Eggrolls - $1.60, Pickles - $1.00
Tomorrow's Breakfast: ??????
GIRLS' MATH CLUB
Girls' Math Club will meet today after school in room 107 until 4PM.
Talent Show tryouts will be held after school tomorrow in room 102. More details to come!
We will be having our Spring Dance after school on Thursday from 2:30-4PM. Tickets will be sold during lunch periods.
• Track ~ There is a track meet today at 3:30PM. Track students will be dismissed at 2:20PM to get dressed. ONLY those ELIGIBLE to run are to be dismissed early!
• Spring Golf Clinic ~ JMS & CCPA along with the Springfield Park District, are sponsoring a spring golf clinic. The clinic is designed to provide all middle school students the opportunity to meet other students interested in gold, address all individual levels of skill, and promote opportunities for additional clinics during the spring and summer.
WHEN: April 11th through April 14th
COST: It's FREE!
There will be activity buses available for students.
• Southeast Poms ~ Attention all 8th graders interested in trying out for the Southeast Poms: There will be a mandatory parents meeting on April 12th at 6PM at Southeast in room 223. There are flyers posted in the main office for more information. Tryout packets will be available at the meeting.
• LHS Cheerleading ~ Do you want to be a Lanphier cheerleader? There are mandatory clinic days on the following dates:
May 4 from 5:30-7:30PM
May 5 from 5:30-7:30PM
Tryouts will be held on May 6 at 5PM in the Lober/Nika gym at LHS. You must be dressed and ready to go at 4:45PM.
For more information, contact Coach Rachel Gasperin at LHS.
• SHS Cheerleading ~ There is a mandatory cheerleading tryout meeting on April 25th at 6:30PM in the SHS commons. This is an informational meeting for parents/guardians that provides all the details of the 2011-2012 schedule and contract's financial, behavioral, academic and tryout obligations and expectations.
Meeting: Monday, April 25th
Address: SHS Commons, 101 S. Lewis St.
• JFL 2011 Registration ~ Junior Football League of Springfield will hold registration for Kindergarten through 8th grade students from 11AM-4PM at the following locations:
April 16 & 23 ~ May 7 & 28 - Godfather's, 1549 S. Dirksen Parkway; Incredible Pizza Company, 2744 S. 6th St.; & White Oaks Mall
FINE ARTS NIGHT
When: April 13th
***Food will be provided!***
Come enjoy the art displays, band & choir performances, dance performance, & other art activities. There will be fun for the ENTIRE family!
There are only 10 yearbooks left. Yearbooks are on sale for $25.00. Order yours today!
JMS is collecting yellow 5¢ Pepsi caps now through April 30, 2011. Purchase any Pepsi product with a YELLOW 5¢ cap. Save the cap & bring it to JMS. There is a collection bucket in the main office. You may also give the caps to Mrs. J-C Nosa in room 115. Jefferson will receive 5¢ for each yellow cap turned in.
STUDENT VIDEO CONTEST
Make a movie and win some cash! The Student Film Club from Springfield Public Schools is sponsoring their 3rd annual student video contest open to all middle school and high school students. Videos may be created in any genre & style bus MUST contain all of the following elements in some fashion:
Window, Smile, Cheese
The deadline to enter is May 2nd at 4:30PM.
There will be an in-class reward during 4th block Friday! Any student who has:
• 91% or better attendance
• no suspensions (including out-of-school & bus)
• passing grades for all classes
will receive a reward on Friday!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!