Thursday, September 8, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch!
DAILY HEALTH TIP
If we eat food that is not healthy, the cells in our body will not be healthy and we can get sick more often.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
Main Entree: Soft Shell Tacos; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: French Toast Sticks
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade students must have a physical. Please either bring in your completed physical form or proof of an appointment scheduled.
The JMS School Store is now open! Come buy school supplies at the cafeteria doors before school.
• BACK TO SCHOOL DANCE ~ Our 1st dance of the school year will be held Friday evening from 6-8PM. This is for JMS students only. Tickets are being sold in advance during lunch periods for $3 each. If you choose to pay at the dance, tickets will cost $5. You do not have to wear your uniform to the dance.
• GRANDPARENTS' DAY ~ Encourage your grandparents to come and have breakfast with you on Thursday, September 15th from 8-8:45AM. Please RSVP as soon as possible to Ms. Austin in the front office.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20.
• Yearbook Club ~ If you would like to have input and help create the JMS yearbook, please attend our yearbook informational meeting on September 15th from 2:30-4PM. Questions? See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Fundraiser ~ If you have not turned in your fundraiser orders & money, please do so as soon as possible.
• 21st Century ~ 21st Century is back! Program starts Monday, September 12th. Pick up an application in the Guidance Office.
• Cross Country ~ Meet today at 3:30PM at Lincoln Park.
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• 6th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-5:30PM.
• Mandatory Parent Meeting ~ Mandatory parent meeting for 6th, 7th & 8th grade girls' basketball at 4:15PM.
• LHS Pom Poms Kiddie Camp ~ LHS dance clinic will be held on Saturday, September 10, from 9AM-1PM. Registration fee is $25 & includes a t-shirt, lunch, & performance at a varsity football game on September 16th. Registration forms are available in the front office from Ms. Austin.
• Cheerleading Tryouts ~ Cheerleading tryouts will be held next week on Tuesday [Sept. 13th] and Thursday [Sept. 15th] from 2:30-4PM. Please note that if you are on the dance team, you CANNOT tryout for cheerleading! If you have any questions, please see Ms. Block in room 219.
SCHOOL PHYSICAL EXAMS
Catholic Charities & St. Clare's Health Clinic will be providing school physical exams for all kids on September 9th. Please call (217) 523-1474 today to make your appointment. Each child will receive a FREE bookbag full of school supplies with the exam.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!