Monday, October 3, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch!
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Fruit "drinks" and fruit punch are not the same as real fruit juice, even if they are made of a little real juice and added vitamin C. The rest is sugar, often along with artificial flavor and color.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
No Birthdays Today
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Pork Patties; Au Gratin Potatoes
A la Carte:
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bagels with Cream Cheese
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade students must have a physical. Please either bring in your completed physical form or proof of an appointment scheduled.
The JMS School Store is now open! Come buy school supplies at the cafeteria doors before school.
• Math Club for Girls ~ Math club for girls will be Tuesday, October 4th from 2:30-4PM. Come join the fun!
• Scholastic Book Fair ~ Get a chance for a free Scholastic Book Fair book by giving 25¢ to "One for the Money". When you donate money, you'll be given a slip to fill out and then put in the box. Many winners will be drawn before the Book Fair contest ends.
There is also a poster contest for the Scholastic Book Fair! The theme is "Fall Into Books". The contest runs from October 5th through October 17th. Come to the library to pick up a poster sheet. Create a great poster from the theme, then return the finished poster to the library by the morning of Monday, October 17th. Winners will receive a free book from the Scholastic Book Fair which starts at 4PM on October 20th and ends October 27th.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• 21st Century ~ 21st Century is back! Pick up an application in the Guidance Office.
• Fall Dance ~ Our next dance will be held on November 4th from 6-8PM. If you have 3 or more buddy room visits between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance. If you have ANY suspensions between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team. ~
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ There will be open gym Tuesday from 2:30-4PM for 7th grade boys ONLY!
• Girls on Track ~ Meet today at 2:40PM in room 213.
• Cross Country ~ Meet today at Lincoln Park at 3:30PM. Bus leaves JMS at 2:45PM.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
YEARBOOK CLUB BURGER KING NIGHT
Please support JMS Yearbook Club by attending the Burger King Benefit Night at 2900 S. 6th Street October 27th, from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
It is easy! Just order dinner and state that you are supporting Jefferson's Yearbook Club. You can even go through the drive through, just mention that you have the benefit night flyer before ordering.
Burger King will donate 20% of your purchase to JMS Yearbook Club.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!