Friday, October 14, 2011
School will be dismissed at 1:30PM today ~ End of 1st quarter!
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch!
DAILY HEALTH TIP
It is important to eat at least 3 vegetables every day. Look for vegetables in the cafeteria, in your kitchen at home, and at restaurants.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Zakary W., Sydney A., Donna S., & Haley J.!
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Pizza; Corn Chips; Regular Items
A la Carte:
Monday's Breakfast: Yogurt & Cereal
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade students must have a physical. Please either bring in your completed physical form or proof of an appointment scheduled.
The JMS School Store is now open! Come buy school supplies at the cafeteria doors before school.
• Show Choir ~ The 1st Show Choir meeting will be held on Monday, October 17th, after school from 2:30-4PM in room 122. Come ready to sing a song of your choice. ALL students are welcome!
• FACES Representatives ~ Students — do you have any concerns, suggestions, or things you want to see happen differently at JMS? If so, we encourage you to talk to your student representatives from your grade levels and drop your concerns or suggestions in the drop boxes. The drop boxes are located in the library. Your concerns will be picked up by your student reps every Friday during lunch and discussed with your student reps and Mrs. Wash. There is a box for each grade level. Make sure you place your concerns in the correct box.
6th Grade Reps: Haifa A. & Omari J.
7th Grade Reps: Aundrae W., Isabel W. & Jennifer H.
8th Grade Reps: Aiyana D., Cyann D. & Joey S.
• Scholastic Book Fair ~ Get a chance for a free Scholastic Book Fair book by giving 25¢ to "One for the Money". When you donate money, you'll be given a slip to fill out and then put in the box. Many winners will be drawn before the Book Fair contest ends.
There is also a poster contest for the Scholastic Book Fair! The theme is "Fall Into Books". The contest runs from October 5th through October 17th. Come to the library to pick up a poster sheet. Create a great poster from the theme, then return the finished poster to the library by the morning of Monday, October 17th. Winners will receive a free book from the Scholastic Book Fair which starts at 4PM on October 20th and ends October 27th.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Fall Dance ~ Our next dance will be held on November 4th from 6-8PM. If you have 3 or more buddy room visits between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance. If you have ANY suspensions between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
YEARBOOK CLUB BURGER KING NIGHT
Please support JMS Yearbook Club by attending the Burger King Benefit Night at 2900 S. 6th Street October 27th, from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
It is easy! Just order dinner and state that you are supporting Jefferson's Yearbook Club. You can even go through the drive through, just mention that you have the benefit night flyer before ordering.
Burger King will donate 20% of your purchase to JMS Yearbook Club.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!