Wednesday, October 19, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch if the weather cooperates!
DAILY HEALTH TIP
A sweet potato is sweet and delicious all by itself, and it has more vitamin A than a carrot! Just wrap in foil and bake until soft.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Dustin J., Kinsey P. & Mason J.!
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Gilardi Cheese Sticks with Dipping Sauce; Steamed Broccoli & Cauliflower
A la Carte:
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
21st Century Program
There is NO 21st Century program on Thursday because of Parent-Teacher Conferences.
PARENT - TEACHER CONFERENCES
Parent - Teacher Conferences will be held Thursday evening from 5PM-8PM and Friday all day from 7:35AM-2:30PM. If your parents attend conferences and meet with four out of six of your teachers, you will be eligible for a dress-up pass for Monday, October 24th. Your parents will receive a passport that needs to be signed by your teachers. If you have a D or an F in more than four classes, then your parent is required to meet with more than four of your teachers in order for you to be eligible for the special pass. You will receive information today that requires your parent's signature and needs to be returned before October 19th to ensure your parents are aware of dress code and participation requirements. The dress code for students whose parents attend the required conferences may dress according to the following guidelines:
... dress in compliance with District 186 dress code policy in your student handbook. Students may not wear pajamas, slippers, holes/rips in clothing, yoga pants, stretch pants, leggings, or shirts with inappropriate pictures/gestures. Skirts must be knee-length. Jackets, coats, purses, bags must be left in lockers.
Please review the requirements with your parent or guardian. Check your attire prior to your arrival at school. Students who violate the dress up or uniform policy will receive consequences, expected to change immediately, and will be ineligible to participate in future dress up days for the remainder of the 2011-2012 school year.
The JMS School Store is now open! Come buy school supplies at the cafeteria doors before school.
• Yearbook Club ~ Meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 115. See Mrs. Nosa if you have any questions.
• FACES Representatives ~ Students — do you have any concerns, suggestions, or things you want to see happen differently at JMS? If so, we encourage you to talk to your student representatives from your grade levels and drop your concerns or suggestions in the drop boxes. The drop boxes are located in the library. Your concerns will be picked up by your student reps every Friday during lunch and discussed with your student reps and Mrs. Wash. There is a box for each grade level. Make sure you place your concerns in the correct box.
6th Grade Reps: Haifa A. & Omari J.
7th Grade Reps: Aundrae W., Isabel W. & Jennifer H.
8th Grade Reps: Aiyana D., Cyann D. & Joey S.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Fall Dance ~ Our next dance will be held on November 4th from 6-8PM. If you have 3 or more buddy room visits between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance. If you have ANY suspensions between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance.
• Book Swap ~ The October book swap has been rescheduled for Wed., October 26th. We apologize for the confusion. If you brought books today, just keep them in your locker until next week.
• Halloween Messages ~ Happy Halloween! Send a halloween message to a friend. Each message will have a candy treat and costs 50¢. The Halloween messages will be sold at lunch during the week of October 24th-28th and delivered on Halloween, October 31st.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Game today at JMS at 3:30PM against WMS
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Mandatory meeting for parents/guardians of 8th grade boys trying out from 7-7:15PM. Tryouts from 7:15-9PM. Closed gym tryouts ~ if you are not trying out, you may not be in the school.
• Girls on Track ~ Meet in room 213 after school.
• Cheerleaders ~ You MUST see Ms. Block for important information before the end of the day!
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
YEARBOOK CLUB BURGER KING NIGHT
Please support JMS Yearbook Club by attending the Burger King Benefit Night at 2900 S. 6th Street October 27th, from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
It is easy! Just order dinner and state that you are supporting Jefferson's Yearbook Club. You can even go through the drive through, just mention that you have the benefit night flyer before ordering.
Burger King will donate 20% of your purchase to JMS Yearbook Club.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!