Friday, November 4, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside today at lunch.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Vegetables come from all different parts of the plant. Spinach is a leaf; cauliflower is a flower; carrots are a root; asparagus is a stem; and corn is a seed.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Cody K., Ryan M., Ambriana J., Erick T., & Brooke H.!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Hot Dogs; Mac & Cheese; Chicken Fajitas; Baked Beans; Peas
A la Carte:
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Rounds
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
Clubs & Activities
• Bake Sale ~ Ms. Joost's classes will be hosting a bake sale today in order to raise money for the United Way. We will be selling these items for 25¢ & 50¢. Thank you so much for your support towards the United Way!
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Fall Dance ~ Our next dance will be held tonight from 6-8PM. If you have 3 or more buddy room visits between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance. If you have ANY suspensions between 9/12 and 11/4, you will NOT be allowed to attend the dance.
Tickets will be sold during lunch shifts today. Tickets cost $3 if purchased in advance and $5 at the door. If you want to dress up in a Halloween costume, there will be a $2 charge at the door.
• Twilight Bowling ~ Yearbook club will be hosting its 1st Twilight Bowling fundraiser on Thursday from 9PM-11PM. The tickets will be sold during lunch shifts on Monday & Tuesday for $15. Payment plans are available. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• United Way Fundraiser ~ Starting Monday, each first hour class will be collecting coins to help United Way "change someone's life and make a difference." Please bring:
Pennies on Monday
Nickels on Tuesday
Dimes on Wednesday
Quarters & Cash on Thursday
The first hour class with the greatest amount of change collected will win a PIZZA PARTY!!!! Ms. Nelson has offered to match the student collection total. So, dig in those couch cushions and let's help make a change!
• Out of Uniform Day ~ Students and staff will be able to come to school on Monday "Out of Uniform" for a small fee. Students wanting to participate should bring $1. Staff members wanting to participate should bring $2. Dress up in your finest or come in your comfortable jeans!
Participants must follow the District dress code guidelines.
.... Students may not wear pajamas, slippers, wear clothing with holes or rips, yoga pants, stretch pants, leggings, or shirts with inappropriate pictures and/or gestures. Skirts must be knee-length. Jackets, coats, hoodies, purses, and bags must be left in lockers.
Check your attire prior to your arrival at school. Students who violate the policy will receive consequences and will be expected to change clothing immediately.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Congratulations to the 7th & 8th grade boys on their wins over WMS last night in the home opener. Way to go, boys!
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!