Monday, November 7, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be inside today at lunch.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
The more colorful your veggies, the better for you. Remember, peppers come in red, green, yellow, and orange. Eggplant can be purple or white. Cabbage can be purple, green, or almost white. Carrots can be orange, yellow, red, or purple. Try to eat at least two colors of the vegetable rainbow each day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: BBQ Riblets; Cole Slaw; Steamed Broccoli & Cauliflower
A la Carte:
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Omelets and Biscuits & Gravy
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
Clubs & Activities
•IMSA ~ IMSA will meet after school today in room 206. See you there!
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Twilight Bowling ~ Yearbook club will be hosting its 1st Twilight Bowling fundraiser on Thursday from 9PM-11PM. The tickets will be sold during lunch shifts today & tomorrow for $15. Payment plans are available. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• United Way Fundraiser ~ Starting Monday, each first hour class will be collecting coins to help United Way "change someone's life and make a difference." Please bring:
Pennies on Monday
Nickels on Tuesday
Dimes on Wednesday
Quarters & Cash on Thursday
The first hour class with the greatest amount of change collected will win a PIZZA PARTY!!!! Ms. Nelson has offered to match the student collection total. So, dig in those couch cushions and let's help make a change!
• Canned Food Drive ~ This week starts our school-wide competition of canned foods. Bring canned foods and non-perishable items in to your first hour teachers and help your class win a FREE pizza party! The top two first hour classes that bring in the most items win a FREE pizza party. The canned food drive will go until December 9th. Help JMS fight hunger and give back to the community!
• FACES ~ Students ~ Do you have any concerns, suggestions, or things you want to see different happen at JMS? If so, we encourage you to talk to your student representatives from your grade level and drop your concerns or suggestions in the drop box. The drop boxes are located in the library. They will be picked up by your student representatives every Friday during lunch and discussed with your student representatives and Mrs. Wash. There is a box for each grade level so make sure you place your concerns in the correct box.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Girls on Track ~ Meet after school today in room 213.
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Away game today at 4:30PM against Quincy.
• Hip-Hop Dance Team ~ Meet after school in room 210 to get ready for the game. Bring ALL of your things. You will NOT be allowed to go to your locker once you are in room 210.
• 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Home game today at 4:30PM against Glenwood.
Students must leave the building and not return before 4:15PM. There will be a JMS Student Spirit Section where all JMS students must sit. If you move away from this section, you will be grounded from the next game.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!