Wednesday, December 7, 2011
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside today at lunch. Bring your jacket with you to the cafeteria. You will NOT be allowed to go back to your locker.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Try using whole wheat bread to make a sandwich. If you're used to using white bread, start with one slice of whole wheat and one slice of white. You'll get used to the more flavorful whole wheat bread quickly.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Bosco Sticks; Potato Wedges
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
Clubs & Activities
• Winter Dance ~ Our Winter Dance will be held on Friday from 2:30-4PM. There will be an activity bus available to take you home. Tickets will be sold during lunch shifts and will cost $3 each. If you plan on purchasing your ticket at the door, it will cost $5.
• Winter Music Program ~ Our Winter Music Program will be held on Monday, December 12th from 5:30-6:30PM.
• Family Fun Night ~ Family Fun Night is scheduled for Tuesday, December 13th from 5:30-7PM. Bring your parents, grandparents and other family members and have a great time!
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• JMS String Bags ~ There is a limited supply of JMS Jaguars string bags. See Mrs. Berendes in room 202 with your money to get one while they last! The bags cost $12 each.
• Canned Food Drive ~ Our school-wide competition of canned foods continues this week. Bring canned foods and non-perishable items in to your first hour teachers and help your class win a FREE pizza party! The top two first hour classes that bring in the most items win a FREE pizza party. The canned food drive will go until Friday. Help JMS fight hunger and give back to the community!
Rebecca Caudill Award Program
This is the last week to sign up for the 2011-2012 Rebecca Caudill Award program. Remember that 4 of the books have to be read before February 10th to be eligible to vote.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Study session from 2:30-4PM followed by practice from 4-6PM
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice from 6-8PM
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!