Thursday, February 16, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
If you want to shape up just a section of your body, just exercising that body part won't work. You will need to exercise your whole body in order to change your shape.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Tristene W., Terrence W., Brent W., & Michael E.!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Sloppy Joe's; Corn
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Granola Bars, Yogurt or Cereal
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
AFRICAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION
Yesterday's question was:
Who is the author of "The Summer of Rage," considered the first "modern" account of the 1908 Springfield Race Riot?
James [Jim] Krohe
Today's question is:
In 2000, what basketball legend became a vice president of the Washington Wizards franchise?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drop it in the answer box.
Today's matches include:
Hemstock's 2nd hour vs Wells' 4th hour at 9AM
Wells' 2nd hour vs Hemstock's 1st hour at 9:30AM
Wells' 1st hour vs Hamilton's 3rd hour at 10AM
Hamilton's 4th hour vs Hemstock's 3rd hour at 10:30AM
Please do NOT just send students to the library. There will be two students with yellow Heritage Bowl passes that will come around to get who is supposed to compete.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Yearbook Club ~ Yearbook club will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 115.
• WEB Leaders ~ Please wear your pink WEB shirt tomorrow. We will be taking a picture for the yearbook.
• Valentine's Dance ~ Dance tomorrow from 2:30-4PM. Tickets will be sold in advance during lunch shifts.
• PRIDE Cards ~ Please be sure to turn in your PRIDE cards. When you turn them in make sure you print your first and last name. 60 names were drawn yesterday for students to decorate a Valentine cookie for themselves and for a favorite staff member! You never know when the next Out of the Blue day will be. 8th grade ~ Right now your bucket is empty. There is an assembly on Friday and right now there won't be an 8th grade team. Get those PRIDE cards turned in for assemblies and other fun rewards.
• Munchies with Mom ~ Mothers are invited to come and have breakfast and munchies with their students on February 23rd. It is an opportunity to interact with other mothers and do a fun activity with your students. Please RSVP by Monday, February 20th.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice from 4-6PM
• 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ All uniforms and bags must be turned in to Coach Gass by Friday.
• Track ~ Track begins March 7th. Practice will begin at 2:45PM in the gym. Make sure you wear gym clothes.
1) A recent physical
2) Proof of insurance or Public Aid
3) You must have a completed athletic card on file in the office.
4) You must have had a 2.0 GPA at the semester.
FAMILY HEALTH FAIR
JMS will be hosting a Family Health Fair on Tuesday, February 21st from 5:30-7PM. The fair is designed to educate students, teachers and families through a variety of interactive, hands-on activities. The students, staff and administration of JMS would also like to invite the families and staff of Capital College Preparatory Academy, Black Hawk, Hazel Dell, Southern View, Laketown, and Lee to attend this event. The Family Health Fair teaches parents and students invaluable lessons about health and wellness and reinforces lessons learned through follow-up student activities and parent education. Research shows children achieve optimal learning through interactive education followed by personal and parental reinforcement.
8th graders ~ Please do NOT store your books and binders in your gym locker during lunch shifts or at the end of the school day. You will not be allowed into the locker room to retrieve them.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
If someone is bullying you, the best thing to do is to tell them to stop. You can say "stop bothering me," "don't do that," or "I don't like that." If you don't say anything, the bully will assume it is ok to continue teasing you. Next, walk away from the bully. Most importantly, let an adult know what is going on and fill out a bullying form.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!