Monday, February 20, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Sometimes it's easier to exercise if you have a buddy to do it with. How about hiking or cycling with your family, a favorite sport with your brother or sister, or hip-hop dancing with friends?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: BBQ Pork Sandwiches; Cole Slaw
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Pizza
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
AFRICAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION
Yesterday's question was:
Guion Stewart Bluford, Jr. spent six days in space in 1983. What was he a member of?
Today's question is:
Who won back to back women's single's tennis titles at Wimbledon in 2000 and 2001?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drop it in the answer box.
Today's matches include:
Hamilton's 1st hour vs Wells' 4th hour at 9AM
Hamilton's 7th hour vs Hamilton's 8th hour at 9:30AM
Wells' 7th hour vs Wells' 8th hour at 10AM
Hemstock's 1st hour vs Wells' 1st hour at 10:30AM
Please do NOT just send students to the library. There will be two students with yellow Heritage Bowl passes that will come around to get who is supposed to compete.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• IMSA ~ IMSA has been cancelled for today.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Munchies with Mom ~ Mothers are invited to come and have breakfast and munchies with their students on Thursday from 8-8:45AM. It is an opportunity to interact with other mothers and do a fun activity with your students. Please RSVP by today.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice today from 4-6PM.
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• Track ~ Track begins March 7th. Practice will begin at 2:45PM in the gym. Make sure you wear gym clothes.
1) A recent physical
2) Proof of insurance or Public Aid
3) You must have a completed athletic card on file in the office.
4) You must have had a 2.0 GPA at the semester.
FAMILY HEALTH FAIR
JMS will be hosting a Family Health Fair tomorrow evening from 5:30-7PM. The fair is designed to educate students, teachers and families through a variety of interactive, hands-on activities. The students, staff and administration of JMS would also like to invite the families and staff of Capital College Preparatory Academy, Black Hawk, Hazel Dell, Southern View, Laketown, and Lee to attend this event. The Family Health Fair teaches parents and students invaluable lessons about health and wellness and reinforces lessons learned through follow-up student activities and parent education. Research shows children achieve optimal learning through interactive education followed by personal and parental reinforcement.
8th graders ~ Please do NOT store your books and binders in your gym locker during lunch shifts or at the end of the school day. You will not be allowed into the locker room to retrieve them.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
Some students think that if you tell an adult that is considered "tattling." Tattling is when your goal is to get the other person in trouble. If you have already told the bully to stop and/or walked away from the bully, then you must let an adult know what is going on. That is not considered tattling and if the bully continues to bully you after you tell an adult, they can get suspended.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!