Tuesday, February 21, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Do you ever have trouble sleeping? Regular exercise can help you sleep better, which means that you'll feel more refreshed the next day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Baked Chicken; Mashed Potatoes
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Omelets, Yogurt or Cereal
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
AFRICAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION
Yesterday's question was:
Who won back to back women's single's tennis titles at Wimbledon in 2000 and 2001?
Today's question is:
What is the movie Sankofa about?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drop it in the answer box.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Regional Science Fair ~ There will be a Regional Science Fair meeting today after school in room 206. See you there!
• Yearbooks ~ The prices of yearbooks will increase as of March 1st. If you would like to get one at the current price of $20, see Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Limited quantities are available!
• Munchies with Mom ~ Mothers are invited to come and have breakfast and munchies with their students on Thursday from 8-8:45AM. It is an opportunity to interact with other mothers and do a fun activity with your students.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Track ~ Track begins March 7th. Practice will begin at 2:45PM in the gym. Make sure you wear gym clothes.
1) A recent physical
2) Proof of insurance or Public Aid
3) You must have a completed athletic card on file in the office.
4) You must have had a 2.0 GPA at the semester.
FAMILY HEALTH FAIR
JMS will be hosting a Family Health Fair this evening from 5:30-7PM. The fair is designed to educate students, teachers and families through a variety of interactive, hands-on activities. The students, staff and administration of JMS would also like to invite the families and staff of Capital College Preparatory Academy, Black Hawk, Hazel Dell, Southern View, Laketown, and Lee to attend this event. The Family Health Fair teaches parents and students invaluable lessons about health and wellness and reinforces lessons learned through follow-up student activities and parent education. Research shows children achieve optimal learning through interactive education followed by personal and parental reinforcement.
8th graders ~ Please do NOT store your books and binders in your gym locker during lunch shifts or at the end of the school day. You will not be allowed into the locker room to retrieve them.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
Some students think that if you tell an adult that is considered "tattling." Tattling is when your goal is to get the other person in trouble. If you have already told the bully to stop and/or walked away from the bully, then you must let an adult know what is going on. That is not considered tattling and if the bully continues to bully you after you tell an adult, they can get suspended.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!