Tuesday, February 28, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
What are some ways to exercise when it's raining outside? Try using an exercise video, doing jumping jacks, seeing how many push-ups and sit-ups you can do, or marching in place or dancing while watching television.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Christina W. & Naiyahanna P.!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Hot Ham & Cheese; Broccoli Cheese Rice
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Casserole or Scrambled Eggs with Sausage
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
AFRICAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION
Yesterday's question was:
Who was the first black American depicted on a U.S. postage stamp?
Booker T. Washington
Today's question is:
In the early days of rock and roll, who recorded the hits "Ain't That a Shame" and "Blueberry Hill"?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drop it in the answer box.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Book Swap ~ February's book swap will be held on Wednesday during all lunch shifts.
• Yearbooks ~ The prices of yearbooks will increase as of March 1st. If you would like to get one at the current price of $20, see Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Limited quantities are available!
• Yearbook Club ~ Yearbook Club will meet Thursday from 2:30-4PM.
• Heritage Bowl Participants ~ Students who participated in the African-American Heritage Bowl but did not receive dog tags, should see Ms. Austin.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice today from 4-6PM.
• 7th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ The 7th grade girls' volleyball team won their 1st regional game last night in 3 close matches against Washington. They play tonight against Rochester in Rochester at 5PM. Come out and support our Lady Jaguars. Good luck, 7th grade girls' volleyball team!
• Golf Clinic ~ Golf clinic is back March 12, 13 & 15. Please pick up the registration and information outside of 110.
• Track ~ Track begins March 7th. Practice will begin at 2:45PM in the gym. Make sure you wear gym clothes.
1) A recent physical
2) Proof of insurance or Public Aid
3) You must have a completed athletic card on file in the office.
4) You must have had a 2.0 GPA at the semester.
One tactic to discourage bullies is to ask them to repeat what they just said because then it looks like they are taking orders from you!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!