Thursday, March 15, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Some foods just have one ingredient. For instance, an apple is just that — an apple. It gets more complicated when manufacturers have to combine ingredients to make something else. Some foods can have more than 50 ingredients!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Savannah T. & Rosie S.!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Baked Potatoes with Taco Meat or Sour Cream; Meatball Subs; Steamed Broccoli
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Omelets
Please remember to pick up trays & trash and push in your chairs!
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ Order your yearbook today! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Yearbook Club ~ Yearbook Club will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM. All members MUST be present!
• Pasta for Pennies ~ Do you want to help make a change for kids with leukemia? Bring your change to your first hour teacher to participate. The class that collects the most money will win lunch from Olive Garden.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Track ~ Track practice will be held Monday through Thursday from 2:45-4PM. Be in the gym and ready to practice by 2:45PM.
• Golf Clinic ~ Golf clinic is back today.
• High School Basketball Game ~ If you are planning on going to Lanphier's basketball game tomorrow, it will be marked as an unexcused absence.
FRESHMEN FORWARD 2012
Freshmen Forward is a three-day freshmen orientation that will be held Tuesday, August 7th, Wednesday, August 8th, and Thursday, August 9th. Freshmen Forward will run from 8:24AM-2:17PM all 3 days. Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to interact with other freshmen, upperclassmen, teachers, and administrators. Sessions will include information to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
One way you can handle conflict is by using "I" messages; When you are trying to work out a problem with someone try telling them how you feel by saying:
* I feel mad (feeling)
* when I'm ignored at lunch (behavior)
* because it makes me feel like we're not friends. (effect behavior has on you)
* If we are going to be friends, I need for you to acknowledge me at all times. (what you need the other person to do)
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!