Monday, April 16, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today if the weather cooperates.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Try making your own frozen treats by freezing 100% fruit juice in small cups or popsicle-shaped molds.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Daci M., Johnny E., Colton G., & Mrs. Johnson!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Taco Burgers; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with Ham
Please remember to pick up trays & trash and push in your chairs!
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ Yearbooks are still on sale for $23. Order your yearbook today ~ limited quantities are available! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Hip-Hop Bake Sale ~ The Hip-Hop Dancers will be having a bake sale all this week during all lunch shifts. On Monday, Wednesday & Friday all items will sell for 50¢ each. On Tuesday & Thursday all items will sell for $1 each because the cookies will be from The Batch! Please support the Hip-Hop Dancers in their fundraiser.
• Donuts with Dad ~ Fathers are invited to come out and have breakfast with your students. It is also an opportunity to interact with other fathers and do a fun activity with your student.
When: Thursday, April 19th
Please RSVP as soon as possible.
• Talent Show Auditions ~ Students who submitted a talent show application will be notified today in 7th or 8th hour of their audition date and time.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• Track Practice ~ Track practice today after school. Be in the gym and ready for practice by 2:45PM.
• Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp ~ Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp for 3rd-8th grades to be held June 25-29 at Lanphier High School. For more information, please pick up a brochure in the Guidance Office.
LLCC Summer College for Kids Courses
Lincoln Land Community College will be offering a number of summer classes and camps for kids. Some of the offerings are Crafts & Hobbies classes, Culinary classes, Language Arts classes, Math & Science classes, Music & Theater classes, Social Science classes, and Visual Arts classes as well as volleyball, baseball, soccer, softball, and basketball camps. For more information, go to the JMS Guidance Office for a packet.
FRESHMEN FORWARD 2012
Freshmen Forward is a three-day freshmen orientation that will be held Tuesday, August 7th, Wednesday, August 8th, and Thursday, August 9th. Freshmen Forward will run from 8:24AM-2:17PM all 3 days. Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to interact with other freshmen, upperclassmen, teachers, and administrators. Sessions will include information to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
Negative peer pressure is when people try to get you to do things you know are wrong (e.g., skip math class, try smoking a cigarette). Positive peer pressure is when people try to get you to do the right thing (e.g., get your science fair project done, get to class on time).
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!