Friday, September 7, 2012
• Attendance of at least 93%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
Happy birthday to .......
Dontae W., Monica S., Amanda E., Jace K., James S., & Kolton C.!
Main Entree: Catfish Strips with Bread; Chicken Patty; Corn Dogs; Potato Wedges
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Pancakes-on-a-Stick
EVERYONE must go through the lunch line and get a lunch. Don't forget that you must take a fruit or a vegetable. We will not go outside for at least 15 minutes to allow sufficient eating time. You will be dismissed by tables.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
Girls on Track ~ Girls on Track will not begin until September 11th. We still need to get at least 2 more girls signed up or the program will be canceled.
Back to School Dance ~ Come have fun at our 1st school dance TONIGHT from 6-8PM in the gym. Any tickets purchased on the night of the dance will cost $5 each. Students must enter and exit through the gym doors. Items to be sold include: candy - $1; Glow-in-the-Dark Necklaces - $2; Glow-in-the-Dark Sunglasses - $2; & Smiley Face Pencil Cases - $2
Only current JMS students may attend this dance.
You must provide your own ride to and from the dance. Please be sure to have your ride here at JMS by 8PM! If we have to wait for your ride to get here, you will NOT be allowed to attend the next dance.
You may come to the dance in non-uniform clothing as long as you follow the District 186 Dress Code Policy.
Cross Country ~ Meet tomorrow in Normal, IL at Parkside Normal School. The team bus leaves JMS at 7:15AM.
21st CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
21st Century will begin on Monday, September 10th. Applications can be picked up in the office.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!