Wednesday, November 14, 2012
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
Happy birthday to .......
No Birthdays Today
Main Entree: Nachos; Chicken Strips; Gilardi Cheese Sticks with Sauce; Refried Beans
Please remember your fruit or vegetable so we do not have to stop our lunch line and wait on you!
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Omelets with Biscuits & Hash Browns
REVISED BELL SCHEDULE
Effective today, we have a revised bell schedule that includes an end of lunch bell for each lunch shift.
• 6th grade end of lunch bell rings at 12:06PM
• 7th grade end of lunch bell rings at 11:22AM
• 8th grade end of lunch bell rings at 1:00PM
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• IMSA ~ There will be an IMSA meeting on today after school in room 206.
• Math Club ~ Math club for girls will be held today after school in room 212.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Canned Food Drive ~ Once again JMS is participating in a canned food drive sponsored by the Salvation Army. 1st hour teachers are keeping track of how many of their 1st hour students participate. The 1st hour class with the highest percentage of participating students will win a pizza party! So, bring in those cans of corn, green beans and soup so your class will be the winning class!
• Reading Night ~ Reading NIght will be Tuesday, November 20th from 5:30-7PM. Reading NIght flyers were passed out in all students' Language Arts classes. Please return the flyers ASAP so we can get an accurate count of how many people will be attending.
• Prevent Bullying ~ Join the cause to prevent bullying by attending a meeting on Monday, November 19th from 6-7PM at the Boys & Girls Club. There will be a concert after the meeting.
• United Way ~ Today's collection is Nickels for the Needy, so don't forget to put them in your 1st hour teacher's United Way collection canister. Also the United Way bake sale will kick off today on all lunch shifts! All goodies will be 50¢ each. Stop by and help out a great cause!
Tomorrow will be Dimes for Disasters!
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today at CCPA from 4-5:30PM
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today at JMS from 4-6PM
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today at JMS from 6-8PM
• Girls' Volleyball ~ There will be a girls' volleyball open gym on Thursday, November 15th from 3:30-5:30PM. You will need to provide your own ride to and from open gym. There is NO activity bus.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!