Friday, November 30, 2012
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
• Rubberbands are not to be carried around with you during school. Consequences will be issued for those who ignore this directive.
• All purses & bags should be kept in your locker. No purses or bags should be carried into the classroom.
Happy birthday to .......
Destiny A., Kenyona W., Kaitlyn M., Chris B., Laila H., & Mr. Tim!
Main Entree: Catfish Strips with Hot Sauce; Chicken Patties; Corn Dogs; Baked Fries
Pickles will be sold today in the lobby during all lunch shifts for $1 each.
Please remember your fruit or vegetable so we do not have to stop our lunch line and wait on you!
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Tacos with Egg, Ham & Cheese
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Minute to Win It! ~ Wednesday, December 19th, you only have "A Minute to Win It!" This will be the 2nd in our series of Staff vs Student reward assemblies. Who will win the most challenges and take home the assembly cup trophy?? Attend the assembly to see. In order to attend, students CANNOT have any buddy rooms or referrals from Monday, December 3rd, through December 14th. Make good choices, follow expectations and you may be chosen to represent your class against the staff.
• United Way ~ Congratulations to Ms. Joost's 1st hour class for bringing in the most money during the United Way campaign! Her class raised a total of $43.81.
• Principal's Advisory Council ~ If you are interested in being a member of the Principal's Advisory Council, please pick up an application in room 109. Four students from each grade level will be selected to represent their peers. Regular meetings will be held after school and you will be expected to attend every meeting.
The deadline for submitting applications is TODAY. Selections will be announced by December 10th. The first meeting will be held on December 11th.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-5:30PM at CCPA
• Girls' Volleyball ~ Volleyball tryouts will be held tomorrow at the following times for each grade level:
10:00AM - 11:30AM - 6th grade
11:30AM - 1:00PM - 7th grade
1:00PM - 2:30PM - 8th grade
The coaches will make cuts after the Saturday practice, and students will be notified if they need to show up for a second tryout.
The second tryouts will be:
Monday, December 3rd from 7:00PM - 8:30PM - 8th grade
Tuesday, December 4th from 7:00PM - 8:30PM - 7th grade
Wednesday, December 5th from 7:00PM - 8:30PM - 6th grade
The coaches will then make a second round of cuts, and students will be notified if they have made the team. Those that make the team will have to attend a mandatory parent meeting on Thursday, December 6th at 5:30PM in the gym.
All girls who try out MUST have a physical on file.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!