Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Be the class to win the "No Tardy Party"! All you have to do is have every student in his/her seat and ready for class before the tardy bell rings. The first teacher to buzz the office wins so don't be tardy for the party!
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
• Rubberbands are not to be carried around with you during school. Consequences will be issued for those who ignore this directive.
• All purses & bags should be kept in your locker. No purses or bags should be carried into the classroom.
Happy birthday to .......
Main Entree: Taco Pizza; Spicy Chicken Strips; Gilardi Cheese Sticks with Sauce; Refried Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Omelets
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Minute to Win It! ~ Wednesday, December 19th, you only have "A Minute to Win It!" This will be the 2nd in our series of Staff vs Student reward assemblies. Who will win the most challenges and take home the assembly cup trophy?? Attend the assembly to see. In order to attend, students CANNOT have any buddy rooms or referrals from Monday, December 3rd, through December 14th. Make good choices, follow expectations and you may be chosen to represent your class against the staff.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
Yearbook club will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 215. All members need to attend! See Mrs. Nosa with any questions or concerns.
• Book Swap ~ Bring your new or gently used book to the main lobby today during your lunch shift and swap it for a new book.
• PBIS ~ Pickles will be sold at lunch on TOMORROW for $1 each.
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-5:30PM at CCPA.
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 5:30-7PM at JMS.
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-5:30PM at JMS.
• Girls' Volleyball ~ The second tryouts will be:
Today from 7:00PM - 8:30PM - 6th grade
The coaches will then make a second round of cuts, and students will be notified if they have made the team. Those that make the team will have to attend a mandatory parent meeting on Thursday, December 6th at 5:30PM in the gym.
All girls who try out MUST have a physical on file.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!