Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Be the class to win the "No Tardy Party"! All you have to do is have every student in his/her seat and ready for class before the tardy bell rings. The first teacher to buzz the office wins so don't be tardy for the party!
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
• Rubberbands are not to be carried around with you during school. Consequences will be issued for those who ignore this directive.
• All purses & bags should be kept in your locker. No purses or bags should be carried into the classroom.
• NO gum allowed!
Happy birthday to .......
Danielle H. Brianna M., & Orion W.!
Main Entree: Chicken Teriyaki with Rice; Hot Ham & Cheese; Cheeseburgers; Chicken Nuggets; Carrots
Please only take fresh fruit if you are going to eat it!
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Pancakes-on-a-Stick
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Principal's Advisory Council ~ Those students who turned in applications for the PAC should see Mrs. Morrison in room 109 during their lunch shifts.
• Minute to Win It! ~ Wednesday, December 19th, you only have "A Minute to Win It!" This will be the 2nd in our series of Staff vs Student reward assemblies. Who will win the most challenges and take home the assembly cup trophy?? Attend the assembly to see. In order to attend, students CANNOT have any buddy rooms or referrals from Monday, December 3rd, through December 14th. Make good choices, follow expectations and you may be chosen to represent your class against the staff.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Scholastic Bowl ~ There is still time to join Scholastic Bowl! Information and applications are available from Ms. Grace in room 113.
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• Girls' volleyball ~ 2nd round of tryouts for 6th grade girls volleyball will be held tonight from 7-8:30PM at JMS. Come dressed appropriately. You must be dropped off & picked up at the back gym doors.
There will be a mandatory parent meeting on Wednesday from 5:30-6:30PM in the JMS library for all team members and their parents.
• 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Home game today at 3:30PM against FMS.
• SHS Cheerleader Clinic ~ The Springfield High School cheerleaders will be hosting their annual youth cheerleading clinic Saturday, February 2nd. The clinic will be held from 9AM-12PM with check-in beginning at 8:30AM. The event will be held in the SHS annex and gym and the cost is $25 per participant. During the clinic, participants will learn sideline cheers, floor cheers, stunts & will have the opportunity to practice tumbling as well! They will receive a t-shirt and snack at the clinic and are invited to come back and perform between the JV and Varsity boys' basketball games that evening.
In addition to the clinic, the SHS cheerleaders will also be selling previously worn uniforms, pom pons, hair accessories, t-shirts, etc.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!