Wednesday, January 16, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
• Rubberbands are not to be carried around with you during school. Consequences will be issued for those who ignore this directive.
• All purses & bags should be kept in your locker. No purses or bags should be carried into the classroom.
• NO gum allowed!
• Students may not have parties and bring snacks unless it is prearranged between the teacher and the parent, if the time for curriculum allows for it, at least a week in advance. We have standards and benchmarks and they have to be met as well as a pacing chart. Please celebrate and party at home.
• Also, decorating of lockers ~ we can't have all of this as it gets torn down & causes debris in the hall.
• Flowers, balloons, etc will be delivered at the end of the day.
Happy birthday to .......
Main Entree: Spaghetti; Gilardi Cheese Sticks; Spicy Chicken Strips or Patties; Garlic Bread; Ham Salad Sandwiches; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Pancakes-on-a-Stick
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• ISAT Survivor Night ~ ISAT Survivor Night is Thursday, January 24th from 5:30-7PM. Dinner will be served at 5:30PM. A lot of fun activities are planned that will prepare you for the upcoming ISATs in March. Plan on coming for food & fun!
• 4-H Scholastic Achievement Program ~ The Learning by Doing 4-H Scholars Program will begin Thursday, February 7th at UIS from 6-8PM. This 3-month program is open to all youth from ages 5-18. Parents are responsible for transporting students to and from sessions. Classes will be taught by volunteers and high school students.
Classes offered will be:
Animal Science, Computer Science & Webpage Development, Robotics, and Leadership Developoment.
For more information or an application, see Mr. Klasing.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• High School Preview Nights ~ The time is here for 8th graders to go to high school preview nights!
Lanphier High School Preview Night ~ Tuesday, February 5th from 6-7:30PM will be Lanphier's preview night in the LHS Commons.
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice today for 7th & 8th grade girls from 4-5:30PM at JMS.
6th grade volleyball practice has been cancelled for today.
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 5:30-7PM at JMS
• 8th Grade Fall Sports' Recognition Night ~ JMS 8th grade athletes who participated in girls' basketball, boys' basketball, cheerleading, and cross country during the fall will be recognized between games at the last home 7th/8th grade boys' basketball game on Thursday night. The 7th grade game begins at 4:30PM. Fall athletes will not have to pay an admission fee.
• City Tournament Rules/Guidelines ~ Students, please remember that the Boy’s Basketball City Tournament this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the Prairie Capital Convention Center is a school function and all behavior guidelines will be enforced at all times during the City Tournament. Any inappropriate behavior displayed at the City Tournament will result in consequences that will be enforced by the administration of JMS. This includes behavior inside the Convention Center, as well as adjacent to the facility.
In addition, we want to remind everyone that students are expected to wear clothing that does not include lewd, obscene, or vulgar language or representation of anything illegal. Large chains or wallet chains are not allowed. Caps may be worn, but the bill must remain facing forward.
No seating will be allowed in the balcony. Therefore, no spectators are allowed in the balcony area.
Please remember that the Springfield Police Department will be wanding all spectators as they enter the Convention Center.
Students are prohibited from standing on the seats at any and all times. Students may be asked to leave the premises if they indicate an unwillingness to cooperate with security personnel. Anyone asked to leave may not return to any future games this weekend.
The second game will conclude at approximately 9:15 p.m. Please make sure your ride, if needed, will pick you up at that time.
Most importantly, we hope you and your friends have fun and enjoy the City Tournament this weekend. The Tournament should prove to be very exciting, safe, and enjoyable for fans of all ages!
Mrs. Johnson will be at all the games & will be in close contact with Mrs. Morrison. If you choose to behave inappropriately, you will be issued consequences by the JMS administration. If you are suspended, you may NOT attend any of the City Tournament games.
• SHS Cheerleader Clinic ~ The Springfield High School cheerleaders will be hosting their annual youth cheerleading clinic Saturday, February 2nd. The clinic will be held from 9AM-12PM with check-in beginning at 8:30AM. The event will be held in the SHS annex and gym and the cost is $25 per participant. During the clinic, participants will learn sideline cheers, floor cheers, stunts & will have the opportunity to practice tumbling as well! They will receive a t-shirt and snack at the clinic and are invited to come back and perform between the JV and Varsity boys' basketball games that evening.
In addition to the clinic, the SHS cheerleaders will also be selling previously worn uniforms, pom pons, hair accessories, t-shirts, etc.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!