Monday, February 4, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
• Rubberbands are not to be carried around with you during school. Consequences will be issued for those who ignore this directive.
• All purses & bags should be kept in your locker. No purses or bags should be carried into the classroom.
• NO gum allowed!
• Students may not have parties and bring snacks unless it is prearranged between the teacher and the parent, if the time for curriculum allows for it, at least a week in advance. We have standards and benchmarks and they have to be met as well as a pacing chart. Please celebrate and party at home.
• Also, decorating of lockers ~ we can't have all of this as it gets torn down & causes debris in the hall.
• Flowers, balloons, etc will be delivered at the end of the day.
Happy birthday to .......
Thomas D. & Xzavion D.!
AFRICAN AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION OF THE DAY
Today's Question: Why did James Michael Brody write "Created Equal: The Lives and Ideas of Black American Innovators"?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drip it in the answer box.
Friday's Question: What is the name of the historian who wrote "Created Equal: The Lives and Ideas of Black American Innovators"?
Answer: James Michael Brodie
Main Entree: Sloppy Joes; Cheeseburgers; Chicken Patties; Green Beans; Peas
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Sausage on a Biscuit
Students who haven't turned in their student-led conferences forms should see Mr. Klasing at lunch to get another form. Students that attend conferences will be allowed to dress down so you need to get these forms turned in by the end of this week!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• IMSA ~ IMSA meeting today after school in room 206.
• Show Choir ~ There will be show choir practice today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 122. New members are welcome!
• Rebecca Caudill ~ The last Rebecca Caudill drawing is tomorrow & the Grand Prize party/state vote is during lunch periods on Thursday. The more Rebecca Caudill books you have read & recorded, the better the prizes in the Grand Prize party. Look for your invitation in February!
• 4-H Scholastic Achievement Program ~ The Learning by Doing 4-H Scholars Program will begin Thursday at UIS from 6-8PM. This 3-month program is open to all youth from ages 5-18. Parents are responsible for transporting students to and from sessions. Classes will be taught by volunteers and high school students.
Classes offered will be:
Animal Science, Computer Science & Webpage Development, Robotics, and Leadership Developoment.
For more information or an application, see Mr. Klasing.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• High School Preview Nights ~ The time is here for 8th graders to go to high school preview nights!
Lanphier High School Preview Night - Tomorrow from 6-7:30PM will be Lanphier's preview night in the LHS Commons.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• Volleyball ~ The game scheduled for today has been CANCELLED. 7th & 8th grade will have practice tomorrow from 5:30-7PM.
• Southeast High School Cheer Camp/Clinic ~ Join the SSHS cheerleaders for a cheerleading camp/clinic on Saturday, February 9th. Go to your school's main office, or contact SSHS for details and a registration form.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!