Tuesday, April 16, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
• Students are not allowed in the teachers' lounge at any time for any reason.
• Cell phones are to be turned off and stored in your locker during the school day. If the phone is seen or heard, it will be taken and a parent will have to come to school to retrieve it. At no time should students use their phones to video tape or photograph at school. Consequences will be issued.
Happy birthday to .......
Kenitra T. & Colton G.!
Main Entree: Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy; Spicy Popcorn Chicken; Pork Tenderloin Patties; Stuffing
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Pancakes-on-a-Stick
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Art Club ~ Art Club will meet today and tomorrow after school. For more information, see Mrs. Magruder in room 118.
• Show Choir ~ There is practice today from 2:30-4PM for the students who are participating in contest.
• JMS Beta Club ~ Beta Club t-shirt order forms are available in room 113 and 110. Place your order by Friday, April 19th. T-shirts cost $10 each.
• Field Trip News ~ Very few students have turned in their field trip forms and money. Please get these turned in as soon as possible. If not enough students sign up, the field trips will be canceled.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. There are a limited number left. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• LLCC 8th Grade Scholarship ~ Any 8th grade student interested in applying for the Lincoln Land Community College scholarship must meet the following criteria:
~ compose an essay informing the interview committee why you believe you should receive the scholarship, what you have done to ensure you will attend college, and your future plans
~ you must have good attendance
~ if you have struggled with your behavior and/or grades, explain your improvements & tell how you will continue to improve throughout high school
~ 3 teacher recommendations: two must be from two of your current teachers and the third can be from any JMS teacher or staff member; include these names in your essay
Essays and recommendations must be submitted to your 3rd period teacher by the end of the day Friday. Teachers can email recommendations directly to Mrs. Miller. Interviews will be conducted next week. The recipient of the scholarship will be revealed at Honors' Night.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
• LLCC College for Kids ~ LLCC's Youth Services Program and the Athletics Department are excited to offer summer 2013 classes and camps for students who have completed Kindergarten through 8th grade as of Spring 2013. For more information, pick up an informational application packet from the bulletin board in the main lobby.
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• Track ~ Pleasant Plains relays today at 3:30PM at Pleasant Plains. Track team members should report to the gym at 2PM & be ready to leave. The team bus will leave JMS by 2:15PM this afternoon.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!