Friday, August 28, 2009
Our mission is to produce world-class citizens.
1. Good attendance of at least 91%.
2. Good education - grades of A/B or doing your very best; you will be prepared for tests, the next year, and for life!
3. Good behavior - Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
This week ~ 1:30PM dismissal!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Cheyenne T., Tymisha S., Gregory D., Jordan A., & Emily K.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1907 in Seattle, 19 year-old Jim Casy borrowed $100 from his friend Claude Ryan in order to start a local delivery service. The business was named the American Messenger Company. Their slogan was "Best service, and lowest rates." The company became very successful and is now known as the United Parcel Service. You know ~ the big brown trucks with UPS written on them!
Main Entree: Spicy Chicken Sandwich; Au Gratin Potatoes; Green Beans
Monday's Breakfast: Cheese Omelets
Today will be an outside day unless it begins to rain. You will be asked if you want to participate in the following: walk & talk, football, swings/monkey bars, basketball, soccer, or jump rope. Standing around is not permitted!
• 7th/8th Girls Basketball ~ Try outs will be September 2nd from 2:30-4PM. Make sure you have a current physical and athletic card filled out and signed before you try out.
• 6th Girls Basketball ~ Try outs are Tuesday, September 1st after school until 4PM. An activity bus will be available to take you home.
All 6th grade students need to have a physical in order to remain in school.
Today your teachers will be teaching more of our building expectations. Please remember to stay on the right side when walking in the halls. Also, when you come inside, use quiet voices!
Attention all 7th and 8th grade students ~ If you missed the chance to purchase last year's edition of the yearbook, there are still a few left. They are $23 and can be purchased from Ms. J-C in room 115.
You may still purchase uniform polos or JMS t-shirts to wear to school games or on special days. The supply is limited! See Ms. Stewart in room 202.
BACK TO SCHOOL FUNDRAISER
You received fundraiser information in your first day packet. Take orders from family members and friends. Be sure to collect the money for the order when you take the order. All checks should be made payable to Jefferson Middle School. Orders will be accepted through September 9th and delivery will be October 13th. No late orders will be accepted!
Be sure to write your name at the top of the order blank. You should write down your choice of prize(s) on your order blank as well. If you sell 25 or more items, you get to go to Kicks. The top 3 sellers receive cash prizes. The top 2 sellers receive free food as well.
Be polite and say thank you to those who choose to support JMS by placing an order!
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS
Information about different clubs and groups at JMS will be available soon. Make sure you listen and choose one or two activities to join. In addition to team sports, we will have other after school activities.
• One example is our Yearbook Club. See Ms. J-C in room 115 for more information.
• The 7th grade club will now be called the 7th Grade Executive Committee. There will be a meeting on Thursday, Sept. 3rd, during your lunch shift. See Mrs. Winters in room 206 to sign up and get more information.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property