Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
Today is another "odd" day! March 31st and April 1st are both odd days.
Kailey R., Ally N., & Brianna L.
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1700, English pranksters began the annual tradition of playing practical jokes on each other for April Fools' Day. This day is also known as All Fools' Day and has been celebrated for several centuries by many different cultures. The exact origin remains a mystery. Happy April Fools' Day!
Main Entree: Nachos Grande; French Fries
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
You must eat or drink all food before you leave the cafeteria. Nothing is allowed outside! Clean up after yourself in the cafeteria.
We will have a skating party tomorrow night from 6-8PM. It will cost $4 for admission and $2 for skates. Come to Skateland South to join in the fun and have a great time!
• Track ~ There is a track meet today at Taylorville. Student athletes should hurry down to the gym to get changed into their uniforms before they board the bus.
• Springfield Junior Football League ~ For more information on the 2009 registration, email JFL at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at http://www.springfieldjfl.org
• MID-AMERICA CURVE BASEBALL ~ For more information on this competitive baseball team for boys who are 14 and under, please contact Jim Langfelder at 691-5708. There is no registration fee.
LLCC TUITION WAIVER
8th grade students ~ If you are interested in applying for the tuition waiver from Lincoln Land Community College, your parent must come to the Guidance Office to get the application from Mrs. Gordy. Completed applications are due April 17th. The winner will be announced at our Honor's Night in May.
DRESS CODE reminder ~ Shorts and capris may not be worn until May! Also, skinny black jeans are not acceptable. No denim is allowed.
You may not wear long-sleeved shirts under your uniform polo. Sagging pants will not be tolerated!
If you purchase an 8th grade t-shirt, you may wear it through the end of the school year on Friday's only. If you decorate your 8th grade t-shirt or have others sign your shirt, you will NOT be allowed to wear it.
In addition, sweatshirts may not be worn half-on, half-off. If you choose to wear a sweatshirt, you must have it on all the way.
Nose piercings are not allowed in District 186 schools. You may not wear a nose ring, a clear spacer, or a bar, or wear a band-aid to cover the piercing. If you refuse to remove the nose ring, you will be written up, sent to the office and sent home.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRTS
All 8th grade students interested in ordering an 8th grade t-shirt should get their money to Ms. Stewart as soon as possible. Orders and money will be accepted by Ms. Stewart only until the end of this week!
END OF THE YEAR TRIPS
Please remember ~ there are requirements for you to be eligible for the end of the year trips to Six Flags or Knight's Action Park.
1. GRADES: passing all classes for 4th quarter
2. ATTENDANCE: 90% attendance for the school year
3. BEHAVIOR: no suspensions during 4th quarter
Hallway sweeps will continue. Be sure to get to class on time and be in your seat before the tardy bell rings.
• Keep earning those PRIDE cards and turning them in so you will be eligible for the next Out of the Blue activity!
Whenever you have a guest teacher, you are to show him/her the same respect as you would your regular teacher. The guest teacher knows the BIST procedures. If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat, you must move to the Safe Seat. If you must be removed from the classroom, you will be escorted to room 109 and issued two after-school detentions.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property